I think in the long run, a loss now helps

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I am not trying to justify losing. I have been growing concerned that the Cowboys players and coaches have kind of let their arrogance and over-confidence get the best of them over the last few games.

I think this is a big (pardon the pun) reality check for the team and it should help them to regain their focus.

-Reality

adamknite

Reaction score
I hope you're right.

I do know I don't want anymore games like this.... losing isn't so bad when you play dang good ball... but when you play like this and have every chance in the world to win it, but just don't... it stings more IMO.

SlwSVT

Reaction score
Or maybe, the recipe has been drawn up to dismantle the Boys?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I do too but only because it might open up Garretts eyes. Thats a big might.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SlwSVT;1837764 said:
I would be more concerned if the Eagles scored 25+ points against us. There were many plays left on the field today that should have been completions, we abandoned the run after the first two drives, etc.

This was a game the Cowboys had a lot of chances to win so I'm not too worried about a potential "blue print" being out there.

After we beat Green Bay, they got re-focused and have been playing great football. Here is the Cowboys chance to do the same thing.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;1837786 said:
Yes you are.
LOL .. actually, I'm not. I have been very worried about this and how similar this team's path has been to that of Wade's last team, the Charges who went 14-2 and watched the Super Bowl on TV.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I would agree but this is known as the December collapse. We have seen this before. Two games in a row where as a team we did not play well and after last week that should have been the wake up call. I am afraid honestly. This was a horrific loss both confidence wise and with the injures. Tommorrow i will be try to be optimistic but tonight i am in shock.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
From what I've seen before, Romo tends to learn from these games. This was one of those games where he showed all his warts....forcing the ball...careless with it...etc.

I would expect him to learn from it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
SlwSVT;1837764 said:

get a lead by the smallest of margins and wait for dallas to pass every down? Seems like that worked today and almost worked last week in Detroit.

Woods

Reaction score
What annoys me the most about this loss is that we can't give our players a bit of a rest versus the Commanders.

I don't mean all the players, just some of the guys who could have used a bit of time off, like Colombo, for example.

We have to play hard the next two regular season games.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, that it's good to get the loss out of the way before the playoffs. If this team is what I think it is, we'll get HFA anyway.

Pending how serious the injuries are, that is.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't think this is a collapse, I think this is a wake up call to the boys. Now we will be considered nobody's by the media again, which is when we play our best football.

Romo will tell Jessica to "F" off this week, and Garrett will get off of his "superior passing attack" mindset, and we will get back to getting after it.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Reality;1837741 said:
No, I am not trying to justify losing. I have been growing concerned that the Cowboys players and coaches have kind of let their arrogance and over-confidence get the best of them over the last few games.

I think this is a big (pardon the pun) reality check for the team and it should help them to regain their focus.

-Reality

The over confidence may have rubbed off on me as well.There was never a time in the game that I didn't think we wouldn't win up into the last 2 mins when Westbrook flopped at the one yard line. I really thought we would win this because we kept doing just enough to stay close and I thought Romo would have another Staubach moment.

But not this time. This sounds stupid but I feel better it was a loss against a team that knows us so well as opposed to losing against a team like Detroit.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Reality, I certainly hope you are right and I also hope that Jason Garrett gets questioned about the lack of a running game.

noletime95

Reaction score
I tend to agree.......after the Detroit and Buffalo games, it might be a good thing Dallas didn't win w/out playing a solid game. Its important Dallas comes out focused from the get go in the playoffs.