I thought Jason Cambell was better

jimmy40

Reaction score
Slow making decisions, stares down receivers and has a slow release. Not a good combination. He also got happy feet in the second half. Good defensive effort.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
jimmy40;2423909 said:
Slow making decisions, stares down receivers and has a slow release. Not a good combination. He also got happy feet in the second half. Good defensive effort.
He got the crap kicked out of him tonight. Thats what happens to every quarterback when they are getting drilled.

See Romo vs. Arizona.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Future;2423932 said:
He got the crap kicked out of him tonight. Thats what happens to every quarterback when they are getting drilled.

See Romo vs. Arizona.
Happy feet yeah, the other stuff, no.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
jimmy40;2423955 said:
Happy feet yeah, the other stuff, no.
I was referring more to the bad play...you are right. But Campbell is solid, those things were just exaggerated tonight because of the pass rush I think.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Someone put a Jason Campbell jersey on this penguin...

happy-feet-for-wii.jpg

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Campbell is a pretty good QB. He got the crap knocked out of him more than once tonite and had pressure most of the night.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
jobberone;2424022 said:
Campbell is a pretty good QB. He got the crap knocked out of him more than once tonite and had pressure most of the night.

No he's not. He's a game manager, simple as that. He's fine when portis is putting up 100 yards plus, but he will never win a game for you. He is in the bottom 10 percent every year in yardage per attempt. He throws 4 yard passes, and thats it.

He's a bus driver.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2424093 said:
No he's not. He's a game manager, simple as that. He's fine when portis is putting up 100 yards plus, but he will never win a game for you. He is in the bottom 10 percent every year in yardage per attempt. He throws 4 yard passes, and thats it.

He's a bus driver.

Which is odd because he has a big arm and can scramble. Most game managers usually have average arms, are fairly accurate and just manage the game because they can't go deep.

The one thing I've notice about the Skins this year is in the past when they really needed a play on offense, they ALWAYS looked Cooley. Now when they need a play on offense, they look at Moss first and then maybe Campbell will check for Cooley. The play where they went for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter was a perfect example and Newman was ready for it. Earlier in the season I think that caught teams, including Dallas, by surprise.

He pretty much throws it short or goes way deep with one-on-one coverage which is hard to intercept and is an easy read. I think the really good to great QB's in this league are usually extremely efficient on the intermediate passes.

YAKUZA

speedkilz88

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2424062 said:
Even our late hits were going un-noticed:lmao2:
I never noticed any late hits, I did notice a couple of intentional groundings that should have been called on the skins.

adamknite

Reaction score
Rack;2423979 said:
Someone put a Jason Campbell jersey on this penguin...

happy-feet-for-wii.jpg

http://i143.***BLOCKED***/albums/r141/adamknite/penguindancingcampbell.png

Reaction score
Dallas made his life miserable back their in the pocket tonight, which is a great sign for the defense...

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
Future;2423932 said:

See Romo vs. Arizona.

The INT he threw against Newman was a spectacular play on Newmans part...and I was jumping up and down when he ran for the first down on 3rd and long.

This wasn't his best game but your defense did play a part in that.

MrMom

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2424599 said:
Dallas made his life miserable back their in the pocket tonight, which is a great sign for the defense...

Bro, remember when you said you'd rather have Campbell over Romo?

That **** was as hilarious as Nick Cannon.

"Daddy, Nick Cannon's hiillarrious!"

jrumann59

Reaction score
Our defense made campbell look like romo did for like 2 games before he broke his finger. Dink and dunk because he couldn't get enough time to go down field.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think Campbell has developed into a good QB this year but he still has one major flaw that I can see. He holds onto the ball too long way too much and I believe the reason he does this is because he has a hard time pulling the trigger unless the WR is wide open. He rarely throws to a WR if a defender is anywhere near him and thats why he throws soo few INTs.

I have been saying for about 5 weeks now that the way to beat the skins is to man up on their WRs, jamm them at the line and disrupt their routes. At the same time, bring constant pressure on Campbell. If your CBs can cover for 3-4 seconds, you will get alot of sacks because Campbell will not throw unless the WR is wide open. You also obviously have to keep Portis in check. Pittsburg mastered that gameplan a few weeks ago and the Cowboys did alot of it too. If you sit back, play zone, and let the WRs run free, Campbell will pick you apart all night.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2424164 said:
The one thing I've notice about the Skins this year is in the past when they really needed a play on offense, they ALWAYS looked Cooley. Now when they need a play on offense, they look at Moss first and then maybe Campbell will check for Cooley. The play where they went for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter was a perfect example and Newman was ready for it. Earlier in the season I think that caught teams, including Dallas, by surprise.

YAKUZA

Is that why their offense is slowing down a bit? People are now starting to understand their offense and it's been slowing down as of late. Their offense has struggled ever since the Philly game and the Washington media took note to this a week before the bye.