I was wrong... sorry!

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1666269 said:
ZONERS: ROMO is NOT JUST the best COWBOYS QB of all time, but he is currently the best QB in the NFL --right now barnone!:cool:
Crazy, it's good to see somebody own up when they're wrong.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1666380 said:
I don't like comparing players but I will say I see a lot of Roger in Tony. Both guys have eyes in the back of their head and come up big in pressure situations.

They do have their similarities, no doubt. :)

Last night there were times when Romo carried the team on his back. Very impressive.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
ZeroClub;1666580 said:
They do have their similarities, no doubt. :)

Last night there were times when Romo carried the team on his back. Very impressive.

Roger's 1971 team was a solid defense that had just been waiting for a QB to blossom. This team may turn out to have been just the opposite.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Hostile;1666493 said:
I like him CC, but I can't go overboard here. You offer me Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, or Tom Brady straight across for Tony Romo and I don't hesitate.

Wow, it's funny. You posted that and I thought about a straight swap and I actually would feel pissed if we traded Romo for any of those guys. Those guys are good but NO QB in the NFL right now has Romo's mix of arm, feet, agility, awareness and positive attitude/short memory.

I'd stick with Tony over all those dudes.

Angus

Reaction score
I was in favor of Romo being paid before the season started, but Jerry Jones may like all the quasi-controversy about it so much that he holds off for a good while.

After all, it is an issue that stirs all the columnists, local and national, and brings Jones directly into the questioned picture, allowing him to get before a microphone more often. He likes for the Cowboys and, especially himself, to prominently be always in the public eye.

Putting off Romo’s payday is one way to accomplish that.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Two years ago, could anyone of you imagine that we'd be having this conversation today?

What absolutely blows me away is the fact that Romo sort of fell into the laps of the Dallas Cowboys organization as an undrafted rookie free agent. I guess that it gives merit to the saying, "I'd rather be lucky than good" since, no doubt, the Cowboys were indeed lucky to strike gold with this kid.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
I don't know where Romo ranks right now or all-time. I'm not even sure it makes sense to be doing that evaluation right now.

All I know is that Romo is fun to watch. I enjoy watching him play, the magic he works, and the smile and enthusiasm he wears. That's really important. Following this team is about bringing me happiness, and Romo brings it in spades.

What I do know is that Romo might be a serious contender for NFC Offensive Player of the Month. Which would be the 2nd time he has won that award despite only playing in his 4th full month.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Greatest Cowboy QB ever???

A little overboard. Guess I'm not the "homegrown" type of homer.....umm I mean guy, TO is the most talented WR we have ever had, and yet no thread is started for him like this, lol.

I will say, Romo will put up better numbers, but it might be more because of the way the modern game is played, than Romo himself. If we didn't have Emmitt and that OL, Aikman would have had the numbers to compete.

But truthfully, it will be hard for old timers to accept something like this with all our rings in the past staring them in the face. Easier to look at a career in hindsight, than foresight.