I wasnt excited at first with drafting a TE...

cowboys101

Reaction score
I wasnt excited at first drafting TE with the 2nd pick but thinking about coming out with a 2 WR & 2 TE formation the defense's are going to have some serious problems.

We have 2 legit TE's that can block and catch. With TO & Glenn as wide outs the defense will have to play pass or run on every down. This could be a very good offense. Plus it could be a very time hogging offense. Letting our D rest.

After a couple days since the draft and letting everything sink in I think the draft was a A+ for what this team needs and plans to do. :bow:

Kalyan

Reaction score
I don't have problem with Fasano but with the 2nd round pick, I want somebody who would solidify a position for 8-10 yrs like a Tackle/Gaurd. IF Fasano turns out to be really good, are we going to pay 2 TE's top $$$ in 3-4 yrs or get rid of one TE at that point?

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Na, Fasano might get paid as a "backup"
I believe he knows the Cowboys have a great TE in Witten. Even though he will start next year, he really isn't the official starter at TE.. Confusing but yea.. I don't think he'll be asking for a big bonus anytime soon.

He will also take on some blocking plays.. Could be used as a FB.

Kalyan

Reaction score
If that's true, we basically got a backup TE for our 2nd round pick. Better than Jacob Rogers pick but was expecting a sure starter for a long time with the 2nd round pick

TheHustler

Reaction score
Just listen to the BP/Fasano call. BP says we didn't pick you to sit and watch, so get ready.

BlueWave

Reaction score
ykc said:
I don't have problem with Fasano but with the 2nd round pick, I want somebody who would solidify a position for 8-10 yrs like a Tackle/Gaurd. IF Fasano turns out to be really good, are we going to pay 2 TE's top $$$ in 3-4 yrs or get rid of one TE at that point?

New England would have taken him if we didn't. No doubt, Belichick and Weiss had the exact same conversation that Parcells and Weiss had.

wileedog

Reaction score
ykc said:

That will be a pleasant problem to have.

BlueWave

Reaction score
DCowboyz said:
Na, Fasano might get paid as a "backup"
I believe he knows the Cowboys have a great TE in Witten. Even though he will start next year, he really isn't the official starter at TE.. Confusing but yea.. I don't think he'll be asking for a big bonus anytime soon.

He will also take on some blocking plays.. Could be used as a FB.

You missed the entire point. We will not start a FB. Fasano will be a starter, taking the place of a FB, playing TE.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
BlueWave said:
You missed the entire point. We will not start a FB. Fasano will be a starter, taking the place of a FB, playing TE.

I wasn't saying he will be a FB.. He can be used similar to a FB on some snaps like running plays.. I never said he was going to play FB. Sorry for the confusion.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I sure hope you are correct because an A+ is much better grade then any others I have read.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I sure hope you are correct because an A+ is much better grade then any others I have read.

Good job on 5,000 posts man.. Just wanted to point that out.. :)

ravidubey

Reaction score
cowboys101 said:
I wasnt excited at first drafting TE with the 2nd pick but thinking about coming out with a 2 WR & 2 TE formation the defense's are going to have some serious problems.

We have 2 legit TE's that can block and catch. With TO & Glenn as wide outs the defense will have to play pass or run on every down. This could be a very good offense. Plus it could be a very time hogging offense. Letting our D rest.

After a couple days since the draft and letting everything sink in I think the draft was a A+ for what this team needs and plans to do. :bow:

Picture us in 3-wide with 2 TE's. If the defense blitzes, Bledsoe will have time to find the open WR or throw it away. If they don't blitz Bledsoe can pick them apart with legit targets short, intermediate, and long.

I don't even know how you blitz against a two-TE set with Owens and Glenn running patterns let alone 3 wideouts. Patrick Crayton should go crazy.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
cowboys101 said:

Yeah, there's nothing better than drafting a TE in the 2nd round that has back problems. Then reaching for a DE in the 3rd with a narrow spinal column. :rolleyes: