I would expect Bledsoe to be improved this week

Dogstar

Reaction score
I suspect he willplay just good enough to get a win and keep his job. His fuzzy head should be gone after last weeks train wreck and he should be more his old self this week. Watch out, though. If he gets bumped on the head again, he could be out for good. :eek:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dogstar said:
I suspect he willplay just good enough to get a win and keep his job. His fuzzy head should be gone after last weeks train wreck and he should be more his old self this week. Watch out, though. If he gets bumped on the head again, he could be out for good. :eek:

I don't think there was anything wrong with his head. He had a bad game and it happens

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bledsoe will bounce back for sure.

Its at home and the Commanders secondary is just asking to be toasted.

If our Oline picks up the Blitz (and I believe they will for the most part) then Bledsoe will have a big big day.

I think Parcells schools the heck out of these Olinemen and it will show week in week out.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I am still wondering about that reported stiff back of his. THat stuff doesn't go away and can get stiff very quickly.

aga11ah

Reaction score
can he do much worse?

seriously.

i mean unless he goes out and throws 4 INT's this week... then yeah he'll improve.

i've lost confidence in beating anyone with him under center :(

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dmq said:
I am still wondering about that reported stiff back of his. THat stuff doesn't go away and can get stiff very quickly.

No one at Valley Ranch or Bledsoe has indicated there is any injury. Only some in the media have said this.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I wonder if what we saw from Bledsoe last Sunday had anything to do with it being the FIRST time he was EVER on the field with Terrell Owens.

He could have subconciously been looking for Owens a little too long on each pass, and then when he went back to another read, he just hadn't read it long enough before throwing.

It has to be a different dynamic having Owens on the field as a WR if you are the QB.

Think about it.

He may have been focusing a little too much on Owens and not progressing through his reads like he normally does, so when he threw an INT it was partly because he hadn't read the situation well enough first.

I am just speculating on this, but it makes some sense to me.

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
I wonder if what we saw from Bledsoe last Sunday had anything to do with it being the FIRST time he was EVER on the field with Terrell Owens.

He could have subconciously been looking for TOwens a little too long on each pass, and then when he went back to another read, he just hadn't read it long enough before throwing.

It has to be a different dynamic having Owens on the field as a WR if you are the QB.

Think about it.

He may have been focusing a little too much on Owens and not progressing through his reads like he normally does, so when he threw an INT it was partly because he hadn't read the situation well enough first.

By week 5 the jacksonville game will be a distant memory as TO and Bledsoe hit their groove and gel together.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I don't think there was anything wrong with his head. He had a bad game and it happens

Yeah I am inclined to go with that... it just wasnt his day.....

StarAmongStars said:
By week 5 the jacksonville game will be a distant memory as TO and Bledsoe hit their groove and gel together.

Yes indeed.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:

He could have subconciously been looking for Owens a little too long on each pass, and then when he went back to another read, he just hadn't read it long enough before throwing.

Think about it.

Of the 3 INT's (almost 5)... how many were on the way to TO? I remember one was going to Glenn.... what about the others? anyone know?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
YoMick said:
Of the 3 INT's (almost 5)... how many were on the way to TO? I remember one was going to Glenn.... what about the others? anyone know?
I don't think any of the INT's were, except the one that got overturned.at the very end.

Dogstar

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. They obviously were not on the same page all the time, or even most of the time. Owens was turning out instead of in, etc. You can upset the balance if you're just starting to use someone. They should be tons better this week. If not, I will be on the "Goodbye Bledsoe" bandwagon, and I am a fan, too. Although, I don't expect Romo to be Tom Brady, either.

WV Cowboy said:

Think about it.

TSquare

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:

Very good point. We hear time and again, that a qb doesn't have time to think out there. If they don't instinctively have their timing and cuts worked out, then there's going to be some thinking going on. Flow disrupted- especially in the no-huddle/hurryup where Bledsoe has excelled in the past.

To the axe men: he played like crap. I've seen Brady play like that. It happens. If you're calling for his head based on that game and romo's preseason, you don't have a firm grasp on reality, and and you're a reactionary sky-is-falling weenie.