IDEA:: Can Cowboys have a possible three-RB- back-field next year?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I have a idea I think would work out if this happens::

Cowboys resign Julius Jones and keep Marion Barber.
And... Trade two first round draft choices (Cleveland Browns First Round /and Next Year first round (2009) to whoever for the that have the first picks. Draft Darren McFadden.

Next Year Runningback core should look like this::

Three Head Backfield
Marion Barber
Darren McFadden
Julius Jones

---- Tyson Thompson ----

This back-field worked well with Philly when they were dominant. Marion Barber is a rough running back and he's down and dirty. He could block, run, and catch. Darren McFadden is an all around back. He could be a good home run hitter. Julius Jones is agile. He could do alot in open space. I believe Julius would be more of a catch running back and on delays and draw plays.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RealCowboyfan;1747150 said:

And... Trade two first round draft choices (Cleveland Browns First Round /and Next Year first round (2009) to whoever for the that have the first picks. Draft Darren McFadden.

Three Head Backfield
Marion Barber
Darren McFadden
Julius Jones

---- Tyson Thompson ----

This back-field worked well with Philly when they were dominant. Marion Barber is a rough running back and he's down and dirty. He could block, run, and catch. Darren McFadden is an all around back. He could be a good home run hitter. Julius Jones is agile. He could do alot in open space. I believe Julius would be more of a catch running back and on delays and draw plays.

Too much money tied up in one position, also not enough PT to go around and make everyone happy.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
If we brought in McFadden, there is no way we would waste a roster spot and salary on Julius.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Argg. And I was just starting to see some new hair.

conner01

Reaction score
there would be no way you would pay jones if you got mcfadden. we have little or no shot at mcfadden but i suspect we will draft a rb and let jones go. you can't keep them all

Q_the_man

Reaction score

Three Head Backfield
Marion Barber
Darren McFadden
Julius Jones

---- Tyson Thompson ----

It will be hard to move up to the top pick with 2 picks in the 20's. Cleveland's pick no longer looks top 5, now looks more like top 20 at best. Mcfadden more and more is looking out the picture. and I would not trade 3 first for him, that if u meant 2 next years and 2009 1st no way......

zeromaster

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;1747157 said:
I think there is some forum guidline that wont let me say what I want to say.
It's ok, it'll just look like a starry night sky...
:laugh2:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread (or generally threads started by RCF )
shortbus.jpg

hairic

Reaction score
How would that work? Would Dallas create another quasi-position? The 2nd down back?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Thread starter - It was a joke, right? Pretty funny. :laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Three Head Backfield
Marion Barber
Darren McFadden
Julius Jones

---- Tyson Thompson ----

Teams can't afford to invest the money it would take to keep 3 guys like this at 1 postion. I love McFadden but with Cleveland playing the way they are Dallas will not get McFadden and I think it would be a mistake to give up 2 #1's to get him.

PosterChild

Reaction score
Forget about McFaddden. He'll be playing for the Raiderettes or the Jest next yr.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
McFadden is the last player the Boys should be trading up for. A top notch corner, safety or wideout maybe....but a running back? Not in this day and age.

I think the Boys should let JJ walk if he wants too much scratch, collect there compensatory pick and sign someone ala Mewelde Moore or trade for Chester Taylor. They can always draft another back somewhere in the early to middle rounds if they wish.

jrumann59

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why not use JJ as a westbrook type and have both on the field at the same time. JJ does so well when he gets the ball in space I think it would be scary to have both on the field at the same time.