If Bollinger...

Rounder

Reaction score
had played the entire game would the outcome have been different?

Thinking about how he played towards the end of the game once he "settled" down a bit I wonder if he had the first couple of series to work out the nerves in the beginning would the game have been closer?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Absolutely it would have been different. He was shaky at first, but once he settled down he got much better and was lightyears better than Brad Johnson. He should have been starting the St. Louis game. Dumb decision by Garrett.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Rounder;2392857 said:

Thinking about how he played towards the end of the game once he "settled" down a bit I wonder if he had the first couple of series to work out the nerves in the beginning would the game have been closer?
I believe we would've had a better chance.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
I thought the same thing. Obviously you can't say for sure, but I think they might have had a chance.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Why waste all those snaps this week on brad if your going to pull him at the half. Either decision they made they should have stuck to it, and not waffled. The waffling is what makes the whole situation much worse.

Make a decision coaches!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rounder;2392857 said:
If Bollinger...
No.

We we're not beating the Giants today unless they just didn't show up.

utrunner07

Reaction score
theogt;2392862 said:
Absolutely it would have been different. He was shaky at first, but once he settled down he got much better and was lightyears better than Brad Johnson. He should have been starting the St. Louis game. Dumb decision by JONES.

fixed.

Rounder

Reaction score
Bizwah;2392877 said:
No....

we still would've lost

I agree with this. I just think that watching the way he played late and the way the defense started the game we would be talking about a close game and disappointed in not pulling it out rather than this.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I will say this.

If Bollinger would've come in and not turned the ball over......like Brad did...then, the game might have been a bit closer.

It's possible we win with Romo......but it would've been tough.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;2392862 said:
Absolutely it would have been different. He was shaky at first, but once he settled down he got much better and was lightyears better than Brad Johnson. He should have been starting the St. Louis game. Dumb decision by Garrett.

Garrett doesn't decide who starts and who sits, Wade does.

ANd if Wade is deferring team decisions like that, then he needs to fire Stewart and jsut be the DCoord. Lets Garrett be the HC or jsut go w/o a HC. I mean, it's not like anyone is head coaching the team right now anyway.

Reaction score
Bollinger was no all star...the only good drive we had was because of Barber/Choice running the ball not Bollinger's arm. I give him props for getting crushed by Tuck and taking the 15 yard penalty and keeping the drive alive but that's about it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;2392978 said:
Garrett doesn't decide who starts and who sits, Wade does.
I might have believed that if I hadn't watched Garrett pull Bollinger and put Brad back in the game after the tunover.

ANd if Wade is deferring team decisions like that, then he needs to fire Stewart and jsut be the DCoord. Lets Garrett be the HC or jsut go w/o a HC. I mean, it's not like anyone is head coaching the team right now anyway.
Yes, Wade is an idiot for deferring to Garrett on the decision. But I'm sure it went like this:

Garrett: "I want Brad and Bollinger as backups."

Jerry: "Sounds good. That's okay with you right Wade?"

Wade: "I guess so."

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;2393000 said:
I might have believed that if I hadn't watched Garrett pull Bollinger and put Brad back in the game after the tunover.

Yes, Wade is an idiot for deferring to Garrett on the decision. But I'm sure it went like this:

Garrett: "I want Brad and Bollinger as backups."

Jerry: "Sounds good. That's okay with you right Wade?"

Wade: "I guess so."

Sad, but true.

Really... I don't think any HC we've ever had has been a bigger puppet then Wade Phillips except for maybe Dave Campo.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Hostile;2392872 said:
He averaged 3.9 yards per pass.

How is that hopeful?

Brad Johnson had an 18.1 percent interception rate and 0 percent TD rate.

Bollinger had a 6.25 percent interception rate and a 6.25 percent interception rate.

All we needed (and hopefully don't still need) when Romo was (hopefully not is) out was (hopefully not is) someone to drive the bus and not turn the ball over. Johnson did that in one game, and we won. He failed miserably at it in two games, and we lost both.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2393018 said:

Bollinger had a 6.25 percent interception rate and a 6.25 percent interception rate.

All we needed (and hopefully don't still need) when Romo was (hopefully not is) out was (hopefully not is) someone to drive the bus and not turn the ball over. Johnson did that in one game, and we won. He failed miserably at it in two games, and we lost both.
I wasn't defending Johnson. I can't stand out backup QBs. I don't think Bollinger was anything to write home about.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2393018 said:

It was pure luck he didn't in the one game.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Rounder;2392857 said:

If Dumbo doesn't relegate Johnson to 3rd string after today, then he deserves to be fired after the next game, even though Tony is expected to be back. And the coach that decided that Romo would be like Brady in the pocket, except without protection, ought to be fired on the freakin spot.