If I'm Adams or McQuistan, I might be looking over my shoulder

sago1

Reaction score
Adams in last year of his 5 year contract. If he wants to stay here, he better have a great season. As for McQuistan, Cowboys supposedly sees him as a swing OT this year but you got to wonder how his play compares with Marten & Free. Now I also wonder if it possible if Marten, who played LG for 2 years at BC before starting at LT in 06, could also be viable backup at Kyle Kosier at least this year. Remember we only got Proctor & Berger as OGs and neither have NFL game experience.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
McQuistan is going to have a hard time making the roster unless we keep 9 linemen, which is a very real possibility.

Woods

Reaction score
theogt;1478149 said:
McQuistan is going to have a hard time making the roster unless we keep 9 linemen, which is a very real possibility.

I'd guess we'd keep 9-10 OL. Plus, Rivera is probably retiring.

Actually, Steinback could possibly help us save a roster spot - 3rd string WR, plus KR, plus WR.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Of course we'll get a good Pro Bowl Flozell in a contract year. I also expect him to play better another year removed from the ACL injury.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I am very happy with the Marten and Free picks. Dallas still needed tackles and they got two guys with alot of experience. Even if Dallas loses a tackle, I expect for them to still do quite well.

twa

Reaction score
McQ and Martin have both played guard,Free is the only one trick pony.

We simply upgraded the backups with the possibility of finding a future starter.

sago1

Reaction score
We've kept 9 OL for last several years under Parcells. With our 5 starters, McQuistan and the addition of Marten/Free that gives us 8. Assume either Proctor or Berger make it as a backup OG; also heard one or both of them took snaps at center last year but don't know if either can also be a viable center behind Gurode.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Woods;1478169 said:
I'd guess we'd keep 9-10 OL. Plus, Rivera is probably retiring.

Actually, Steinback could possibly help us save a roster spot - 3rd string WR, plus KR, plus WR.
I don't think we'll keep 10. At, most it'll be 9. Depends on what happens in TC.

I will say that I really like our OL group this year.