IF jason taylor went to dallas.

macksmooth

Reaction score
i dont think he will end up in dallas. but the reason i started this post is to let fans know that they should be happy to get him.......or at least not pissed!

i live in florida and watched every miami game the last 3 years, and i tell you that Jason taylor is a freak. i know he is old but consider the fact that he plays on the worst team in the NFL and is constantly getting double teamed.

that being said, he was defensive player of the year just 2 seasons ago and still had a very good season last year too.

he is probably in better shape then most younger guys, i mean look at him, he still looks like hes 25

guy is STILL a freak of nature and has no signs of slowing down quite yet, thats all i am saying.

and i have seen most people on this board basicaly disrespect him and shrug him off as nothing but an after thought.

personally, even know i dont think it will happen, i would be very happy if he came to my favorite team. we would be better instantly!!!!

montgod

Reaction score
We pretty much have the same player in Ellis... at a significantly cheaper rate.

We won't be trying to get him...

I do agree with you though. He is a beast... just at the wrong side of his career and his contract numbers.

jjktkk

Reaction score
The tuna wants a 1st rounder for Taylor, no way Dallas gives would do it. Although Taylor is a great player, hes on the wrong side of 30, and there's no garantee he would even be a starter if he came to the Cowboys. Dallas is looking for a wow player on offense, not defense.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
montgod;2051768 said:
We pretty much have the same player in Ellis... at a significantly cheaper rate.

I do agree with you though. He is a beast... just at the wrong side of his career and his contract numbers.

How long until Ellis starts crying about his contract again? It is inevitable. I would rather have Taylor, he deserves to be paid a few million more than Ellis.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
My concern with Taylor is it would take some time, I would think, to get acclimated with his role in the 3-4. He's certainly a better pass rusher and athlete than Ellis.

The only way we should be interested here is if they'd take Ellis and, say, that fourth they just traded us. Even a third would be pushing it for a guy that's closing in on 35 and dances on television. And even then, you might regret giving up a mid-round pick for a guy that old and dance-happy.

MONT17

Reaction score
I would love to see Taylor in Dallas... he is a pass rusher! He would be the second best Pass rusher on the Boys!

We could move Ellis back to DE because he never should have lost his job in the first place...but then he may ask for more cash!!!!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I love Taylor -- I think in the right D he's rocking 3 more years of destuction on defenses. We could make room for him but it would be at Ellis' expense - and if Ellis gives us what he did last year, it would note be worth the extra cost.

I see Taylor ending up in New England. Or Philly. And being a royal pain for us somewhere down the road.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
RainMan;2052214 said:
My concern with Taylor is it would take some time, I would think, to get acclimated with his role in the 3-4. He's certainly a better pass rusher and athlete than Ellis.

The only way we should be interested here is if they'd take Ellis and, say, that fourth they just traded us. Even a third would be pushing it for a guy that's closing in on 35 and dances on television. And even then, you might regret giving up a mid-round pick for a guy that old and dance-happy.

Miami ran a hybrid 3-4 under Saban. Taylor played very well in that system. He did pretty much what Wade had Ware do last year.

Reaction score
Greg Ellis is working out just fine... I don't think Dallas wants to get older honestly, they have already signed a good veteran in Zach Thomas.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
montgod;2051768 said:

NO way in heck Ellis is better than Taylor, even if Taylor had 1 leg, and a sandal on.

Ellis was a product of the Wade pressure system, and never produces constant pressure. Believe me, I have all games on DVD.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
macksmooth;2051765 said:
i dont think he will end up in dallas. but the reason i started this post is to let fans know that they should be happy to get him.......or at least not pissed!

i live in florida and watched every miami game the last 3 years, and i tell you that Jason taylor is a freak. i know he is old but consider the fact that he plays on the worst team in the NFL and is constantly getting double teamed.

that being said, he was defensive player of the year just 2 seasons ago and still had a very good season last year too.

he is probably in better shape then most younger guys, i mean look at him, he still looks like hes 25

guy is STILL a freak of nature and has no signs of slowing down quite yet, thats all i am saying.

and i have seen most people on this board basicaly disrespect him and shrug him off as nothing but an after thought.

personally, even know i dont think it will happen, i would be very happy if he came to my favorite team. we would be better instantly!!!!

Oh ya, you didn't mention if he was a freak. 'Cause if you did mention he was a freak, then you would know if he really was a freak, and that we would be a freak to have a freak on this team, but then the freaks wouldn't get to be freaks if they knew he was a freak. Is he a freak?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have no room for him........he's a great player but who is he gonna replace?