If Norv/Garrett doesn't make sense...

brewers47

Reaction score
I would be kind of disappointed if Norv was brought in to be the next head coach, just for the sole fact if we are bringing in Garrett to take over the team, why bring in Turner who is going to be calling his own plays. Then in 1-2-3 years we hand over the team to Garrett who still hasnt called a play in the NFL.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
brewers47;1343694 said:
I would be kind of disappointed if Norv was brought in to be the next head coach, just for the sole fact if we are bringing in Garrett to take over the team, why bring in Turner who is going to be calling his own plays. Then in 1-2-3 years we hand over the team to Garrett who still hasnt called a play in the NFL.

Way to ask and answer your own question in one post. :bravo: That's quite a talent you have there.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
brewers47;1343694 said:

Think of Norv like a pair of training wheels for your BMX.

After a couple of trips around the block (seasons) it will be time for the training wheels to come off (Norv is shown the door).

I guarantee Garrett is named HC the year we move into the new stadium!;)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1343823 said:
I guarantee Garrett is named HC the year we move into the new stadium!;)

I wouldn't doubt that one at all.

MONT17

Reaction score
Mike Holmgren never called plays when Bill Walsh was there, did he? Holmgren called plays for Siefort if I recall then became the head coach of the Pack about 2 years later!!!

If and when Garrett becomes head coach I would hope he has the foresight to delagate playcalling to his OC!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
You dont have to call plays, to learn, You do know this right.

It's all about game preparation. Anaylzing Defenses, see how to epxloit them with your offense. You dont need to call plays to learn that. Calling plays is nothing but a formailty of what you did all week long.

brewers47

Reaction score
dargonking999;1344573 said:
You dont have to call plays, to learn, You do know this right.

It's all about game preparation. Anaylzing Defenses, see how to epxloit them with your offense. You dont need to call plays to learn that. Calling plays is nothing but a formailty of what you did all week long.

It wouldnt take a coach ten seconds to figure game preparation especially Garrett he's done it his whole life.

So if learning about game preparation is the only thing we need Tyrner for Jason Garrett should be named head coach soon.

Its gonna be a crazy day at Valley Ranch monday or tuesday

Jerry holds press conference we are happy to welcome the two newest members to the Cowboys coaching staff, head coach Norv Turner and Offensive Coordinator Jason Garrett.

We felt that going with a great offensive mind like Norv turner would allow us to groom our new head coach in the waiting Jason Garrett, Garrett will learn from Turner the nuances of the NFL and hoppefully one day make one of the finest coaches in the NFL.

20 minutes after that Jerry holds another press conference, we would like to announce that Jason Garrett is the new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys we fell that he is ready for the positon and has learned all that he can from former head coach Norv Turner. So without ado here is your new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, former offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

cml750

Reaction score
brewers47;1344606 said:
It wouldnt take a coach ten seconds to figure game preparation especially Garrett he's done it his whole life.

So if learning about game preparation is the only thing we need Tyrner for Jason Garrett should be named head coach soon.

Its gonna be a crazy day at Valley Ranch monday or tuesday

Jerry holds press conference we are happy to welcome the two newest members to the Cowboys coaching staff, head coach Norv Turner and Offensive Coordinator Jason Garrett.

We felt that going with a great offensive mind like Norv turner would allow us to groom our new head coach in the waiting Jason Garrett, Garrett will learn from Turner the nuances of the NFL and hoppefully one day make one of the finest coaches in the NFL.

20 minutes after that Jerry holds another press conference, we would like to announce that Jason Garrett is the new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys we fell that he is ready for the positon and has learned all that he can from former head coach Norv Turner. So without ado here is your new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, former offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

:lmao:

Bizwah

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, but if Garret is all we think he is, then why does he need "groomed" as an OC?

If he can't get a handle on being the OC, then what makes us think that he'll be ready to be the HC in a couple of years?