If our OL doesn't work out this year....

ghst187

Reaction score
Sounds like Cincy may have some very good O Lmen we can pick up....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/05/12/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Cincinnati's All-Pro right tackle Willie Anderson may be gone after this year. And there might not be anything anybody can reasonably do about it. Barring the unforeseen, Anderson -- like linemates Levi Jones and Eric Steinbach, who find themselves in a similar situation -- will still be holding down his position through the fall and winter of 2006. Beyond that, something's gotta give. Each of the three is now on the last year of his contract. -- Cincinnati Post

Bobo

Reaction score
Having seen them a few times the last few years, I'd say at least Anderson would be a good pick up. He looked really good when I saw him. Allthough I think he's getting a little long in the tooth?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Anderson is going into his 12th NFL season. He's a good player but not one I'd want to build around - guys that age tend to fall apart fast.

Jones is OK. He started shaky but played pretty well last year. Steinbach is good as well. Neither of these young guys are going anywhere.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
When you have a QB that holds the ball too long and a RB that doesn't make the unblocked defender miss, all OL look bad.

We'll hear all kinds of complaining about the OL if Jones is slowed by half a step by injury again and doesn't pop runs. We'll also hear it when Bledsoe takes his 35th sack but that doesn't mean that OL was actually bad.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
PakiPride said:
he was considered a bust when they drafted him #10 overall

no he wasnt, he was considered a "reach" when he was drafted at #10 overall, people were saying he was a later 1st rounder player and not worthy of the #10 spot and he definately has proven everybody wrong, he is their franchise OL.

and even if he "was" considered a "bust" he isnt now (he never, was but IF he was)