If Randy Galloway covered the Pats

dirt

Reaction score
This is what you might read if you picked up the Boston Globe last Monday!

"The Pats managed to eek one out over the lowly Jets yesterday. It was a win making them 14-0 but it certainly was not a work of art. Brady was a rather mundane 14 of 27 and appeared bothered that his child by his last model/actress girlfriend was up all night teething and his current actress model decided not to be at the game in a fit of PMS.
Escalade Moss put out an inconsistent effort as he did not catch 3 touchdown passes.
There were some good things to come out of this game aside from the fact that the Pats are undefeated but it is unconscionable that the lowly Jets actually gained yards on offense.
This is another inconsistent effort by the Pats looking back at the previous 2 games where they defeated an over rated Pittsburgh team (overrated because if they were any good and the Pats hammered them it would not back my arguements) and struggled to defeat the winless Dolphins which should send alarm bells throughout the whole organization.
It looks like a December swoon is in full effect and a perfect 16-0 record could be in jepordy especially if Brady continues to appear distracted and Escalade Moss decides he will loaf on a few patterns now and then and become a cancer in the locker room (we the media hopes this happens because it will give us juicy material)
The Pats have appeared to have lost their September Mojo and if this inconsistent effort continues they will be hard pressed to beat anyone by less than 2 touchdowns in the future

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
:lmao: The Dallas media is the worst. I've never seen or heard so many hometown writers that love to bash their team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Galloway is more of a comedian than anything.

He works the crowd. Dallas has the easiest fans it seems like to get stirred up.

Some of his opinions are legit. You can tell when hes serious. But for the most part hes just trying to get a rise out of people.

I love Galloway and take his work for nothing more than what it is. Entertainment....

He is the WWF of the Sports section

scottsp

Reaction score
CATCH17;1852934 said:

He works the crowd. Dallas has the easiest fans it seems like to get stirred up.

Some of his opinions are legit. You can tell when hes serious. But for the most part hes just trying to get a rise out of people.

I love Galloway and take his work for nothing more than what it is. Entertainment....

The fans do tend to be drawn offsides rather easily. Not just Cowboy fans. I get a kick out of the whole thing.

Shows like GAC, Bayless, etc. would not be on the air if they didn't stir the pot. The same is true of columnists in the print media.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
scottsp;1852957 said:
The fans do tend to be drawn offsides rather easily. Not just Cowboy fans. I get a kick out of the whole thing.

Shows like GAC, Bayless, etc. would not be on the air if they didn't stir the pot. The same is true of columnists in the print media.

Bayless is on a whole nother level of stupidity.

He says something crazy on 3 out of every 4 topics.

Galloway even though he gives a random crazy thought for the most part he stays the course.

As a fan hes a good guy to have on your side in the local Dallas area because he will stick it to the Rangers, Stars, Mavs, and Cowboys when ever they really do need it.

I think you can tell when Galloway is serious and when he is not. I don't believe everything he says because I dont even think he believes everything he says.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
CATCH17;1852934 said:

My post wasn't solely about Gallowaste. It's the Dallas media in general

scottsp;1852957 said:

I can agree with the bolded statement because they are no talent hacks. When you have no real talent or lack knowledge of the game you have to be a shock jock. But I see that a real journalist like Albert Breer has garnered quite a following in his short time here. And he doesn't make it his life's work to bash the team he writes about.

JJT doesn't go out of his way to bash the team but he just makes so many frigging errors it's hard to read his stuff.

scottsp

Reaction score
Lots of talent and non-talent out there with mixed results each side. This is a subjective arena; a lot of this is a matter of perspective.

Fans are protective and tend to be touchy over the slightest of slights. For me, it's much ado about nothing. It's a hoot to see folks get drawn offside so easily.

But, to each their own.

jman

Reaction score
CATCH17;1852934 said:

Ummmm, then why isn't he funny?

As the Ticket would say..."we can do what they do, but they can't do what we do." GAC tries so much to be the Ticket and fails so badly they just need to do straight sports and be done with it. They were much better doing that.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
LeonDixson;1852916 said:
:lmao: The Dallas media is the worst. I've never seen or heard so many hometown writers that love to bash their team.

Sorry, but the Dallas media is a pu** compared to the Tampa media. Up until about a month ago, Martin Fennelly was calling for a new coach. Ira Kaufmann is the supposed expert, and doesn't believe Romo is for real. This morning, Henderson called for a contract extension for Gruden, and nobody else endorsed it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jman;1853277 said:
Ummmm, then why isn't he funny?

As the Ticket would say..."we can do what they do, but they can't do what we do." GAC tries so much to be the Ticket and fails so badly they just need to do straight sports and be done with it. They were much better doing that.

Anyone can make fart noises

Rackat

Reaction score
The best part of GAC is the hour before Galloway shows up. I like the Ticket, but they have too many bits and not enough sports talk.

jman

Reaction score
CATCH17;1853793 said:
Anyone can make fart noises

Yep...and apparently GAC is one big fart.

You have to take each as a whole.

The Ticket is guy radio...Gac is sports radio trying to be guy radiio.

Like I said, if ESPN "local radio" can just talk straight sports...they are better. But Galloway trying to beat the Ticket at what they do just makes them worse in a bad way.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
jman;1854065 said:
Yep...and apparently GAC is one big fart.

You have to take each as a whole.

The Ticket is guy radio...Gac is sports radio trying to be guy radiio.

Like I said, if ESPN "local radio" can just talk straight sports...they are better. But Galloway trying to beat the Ticket at what they do just makes them worse in a bad way.

Huh? Espn doesn't try to do any comedy bits or at least not 50% of the time anyway. Maybe they have something once in a while.

On the other hand, Ticket is just unbearable to me. I am or was a Howard Stern fan. They try real hard to be Jr. Howard Stern and they can't even be a bad Russ Martin.

Only time I listen is when they have Jerry Jones etc for interviews. Or when they have some localized sports coverage instead of talking about which TV shows is good etc.

Either way, my Sports radio listening is only as far as NFL season lasts. After that I can't bear to listen to ESPN or Ticket. Both suck.