If Rivera's is interviewed

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
If they wait to talk to Rivera, dump Norv and pick up Rivera for HC and Singletary for DC

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
I've seen the same scenarios posted over and over and over again where Singletary comes in as our Defensive Coordinator. Regardless of how much X's and O's he knows, Singletary has been quoted as saying that Head Coach is the only way he will come to Dallas. He will not be our DC.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TheEnigma;1353414 said:
I've seen the same scenarios posted over and over and over again where Singletary comes in as our Defensive Coordinator. Regardless of how much X's and O's he knows, Singletary has been quoted as saying that Head Coach is the only way he will come to Dallas. He will not be our DC.

I don't think this is entirely correct. I could be wrong but I believe what Singletary said was he is not interested in anything other then the HC position at this time. Since then, San Franciso has hired Manusky as there DC. It is not impossible to suggest that times may have just changed in the mind of Mike Singletary.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1353420 said:
I don't think this is entirely correct. I could be wrong but I believe what Singletary said was he is not interested in anything other then the HC position at this time. Since then, San Franciso has hired Manusky as there DC. It is not impossible to suggest that times may have just changed in the mind of Mike Singletary.

That very well could be true, but that is of course assuming that the reason he made that statement was because he was in the running for the Defensive Coordinator position at San Francisco.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TheEnigma;1353430 said:
That very well could be true, but that is of course assuming that the reason he made that statement was because he was in the running for the Defensive Coordinator position at San Francisco.

Nolan acknowledged that Singletary didn't need to interview for the position. They knew what they had in him. You don't know what that means but you would hope that if SF thought enough of him to make him there Ast. HC (which is also what Nolan elluded to) he would get consideration as DC.

Of course, there is no way to be absolutly certain of what Mike Singletary had in mind specifically, with that statement but, it would seem reasonable to assume that things can change and a position as DC might become more attractive.

I think it's reasonalble to draw such a conclusion.