If Slaton has another huge year...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
chicago JK;1481794 said:
He is sort of slim. In some ways he reminds me of Ginn when he gets in the open field though.

I think the Rutgers running back will be highly regarded next year as well.

The difference between Rice and Slaton is one inch and 5 pounds.

So if one is slim I guess the other is as well.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Unless something happens next college season, I just don't see Jerry letting McFadden get away. Even if McFadden is the consensus number 1, with 2 first rounders, I'm betting Jerry will package to move up.

conner01

Reaction score
we should be able to get anyone we want. now we don't know what our needs will be just yet. still a few questions to get answered first.
does romo continue to improve?
did we get flo's replacement?
do we have a wr or two to replace t.o. and glenn?
did we get a cb who can be a starter? if all is yes then mcfadden will have a star on his helment next year but we still have to see who works out before we know if we can shoot for the moon with both first rnd picks and unless clelveland is real bad it will take some ammo to get macfadden.
i just hope they bring the "wildcat" formation with him. it is unstoppable on the goal line

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
peplaw06;1481830 said:
Unless something happens next college season, I just don't see Jerry letting McFadden get away. Even if McFadden is the consensus number 1, with 2 first rounders, I'm betting Jerry will package to move up.

I am hoping we can get him with out having to trade our second 1st.

It would be nice to use that other first for a different position.

However unless something major happens with McFadden or the team it is no secret that Jerry would LOVE McFadden and I don't think anyone could argue with McFadden as he is a heck of a player.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1481563 said:
Sure, especially after a little trade down to get even more picks. ;)

Gawd, I love that trade Jerry made Saturday. :D

it sure does open up a LOT of opportunities for next year. if we have say 5 and 25, we're in a much better position to trade up to 1 or 2 if mcfadden is who we want.

at 22 last year we simply couldn't do it. 1, 2 and 3 + ware to get detroits pick? i could see 1 and 2 or maybe both 1's and get the "star" of next years draft.

i think we did ok this year overall in a weak draft, but getting 2 1's next year? that's magic baby!

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;1481918 said:
it sure does open up a LOT of opportunities for next year. if we have say 5 and 25, we're in a much better position to trade up to 1 or 2 if mcfadden is who we want.

at 22 last year we simply couldn't do it. 1, 2 and 3 + ware to get detroits pick? i could see 1 and 2 or maybe both 1's and get the "star" of next years draft.

i think we did ok this year overall in a weak draft, but getting 2 1's next year? that's magic baby!

Yep Yep Yep.

You could move up a spot or too at the top of the draft (if you were already up there) without giving up your other first round pick if you played it right.

Please Browns Please...continue with futility this coming season.:laugh1:

Think about this.

Since coming back in the league in 1999 they have averaged to pick at 7.

Now they have never picked at 7 but averaged out those years and their picks it comes to 7.4

They have had Two #1 overall picks (99,00)
They have had Three #3 overall picks (01,05,07)

So that is 5 of the last 9 drafts that they have drafted in the top 3 of the draft.

They have also drafted #6 overall once (04)

So that is 6 of the last 9 drafts that they have drafted in the top 10.

The other three times they have drafted 16th (02) 21st (03) and 13th (06).

I like our odds here. Maybe we get a high pick and don't have to worry about using our second pick to move up. If not we get a mid round pick and we package are other 1st round pick.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Lets just hope all their high draft picks dont all decide to come around and play this year killing our position in the process.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1481969 said:
I'm leery of drafting WVU RBs

What does one have to do with another ?

Just because past WVU RB's are not NFL caliber has no bearing on whether Slaton is or not.

That sounds like what people were saying about Penn St. running backs when discussing Larry Johnson. Turned out they were wrong.

I'm thinking Slaton will play on Sundays, ... he's pretty good.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ZeroClub;1481823 said:
This may turn into a Ricky Bell vs. Tony Dorsett decision before it is all over.

:)

and Ricky Bell was no slouch either... tragic how his life ended at such a young age...

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
trickblue;1482034 said:
and Ricky Bell was no slouch either... tragic how his life ended at such a young age...
Ricky Bell was great, no doubt. He didn't have nearly the help in Tampa Bay that Dorsett had in Dallas.

And yes, a very sad and tragically early end to his life.

--

Not too difficult to imagine a similar controversy next year, is it?

The knock on Dorsett coming out of draft was that he smallish. Bell had "NFL size."

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ZeroClub;1481823 said:
This may turn into a Ricky Bell vs. Tony Dorsett decision before it is all over.

:)

Slaton will remind you of Dorsett.