If that's it, next years oline won't get it done

goshan

Reaction score
DMN is speculating that we got our top oline target and the starting oline next year will be:

Adams
Kozier
Gurode/Johnson
Rivera
Rookie Draft Pick or Petiti

The oline was poor before Adams went down and it was horrible afterward.

This line is no better.

There is not one single top player in that group.

Another season of JJ getting hit in the backfield and Bledsoe getting knocked on his butt in the backfield?

BOYZFAN2259

Reaction score
You don't know that, are you an o-line coach. I would say we are not finished with o-line in FA.:starspin

cowheel

Reaction score
goshan said:
The oline was poor before Adams went down...

Poor?

As i recall, prior to Flozelle going down, Bledsoe was the highest rated passer in the NFC and had a few games where he rarely got touched.

Maybe the run blocking wasn't dominant.... but they were far from poor.

And I doubt very seriously that they are thru addressing the O-line in FA.
I think they'll draft an OT... but I also think they will sign another veteran OT. Afterall... it is only the first day of free agency. lol
Calm down.

Just because we didn't sign the #1 free agent prospect at every need position doesn't mean they're not gonna address them at all.

On top of that... Pettiti was a 7th round draft pick thrust into the starting lineup. Why is everyone so convinced that he has no chance to improve?

LOL - all this whining on the board reminds me of all those posts last year when we signed Anthony Henry instead of Ty Law, Fred Smoot, and every other big name FA corner out there.

Or how about the year before - when everyone was having a cow because we didn't sign Kerry Collins. LOL

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing we're done with the OL 24 hours into the offseason, but that lineup by the DMN is mediocre .. at best.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I think the new OL while not necessarily better man-for-man compared to last year's unit will function more cohesively. The key variable is who plays RT - a dramatically improved Pettiti, a FA or a high draft pick?

NorTex

Reaction score
Let's just wait and see.

At the very least you would have to expect Big Rob to improve just a little, which would be nice.

Don't forget Columbo is in the mix.

Maybe Jacob Rogers is actually gonna stay healthy...he looked good last year before he wussed out.

EndGame

Reaction score
I'd be happy with Adams/Allen/Johnson or Gurode/Rivera/Petitti so long as there's depth behind them. The line was playing fairly well before Flozelle went down, and then it went downhill because the guys filling in were a considerable drop in talent from the starters. Kozier helps with that problem. Personally, I'd love to see Gurode starting at RG, but that's not going to happen.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Allen restructures and will be back.

Flozell is a Hotel.

Have to believe Parcells sees something in Gurode worth giving one last chance to. He also saw something in Flozell his first year here which most fans weren't seeing, if we all remember correctly. Andre Gurode, this years Oline Sleeper.

Rivera will come back strong from the injury. I predict he'll rise above the competition being brought in and return to pre-2005 form. Kozier's nothing but back up and incentive to prop up under you know where to get Allen and Rivera moving again.

Petitti returns or we take Winston Justice with our number 1.

I don't know what people are complaining about. Injury mostly killed us up front last year. This year is more about adding some depth and testing the progress of our two young centers and young tackle to see which if any we need to be replaced. Don't count Petitti out just yet. Something about him, I get the feeling he's really out to prove to his coach and the world he can do it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
goshan said:
If that's it, next years oline won't get it done
Good grief it has been one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sky isn't falling. Even if the idiots at DMN say it is.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
IF we are done, and I don't think we are.....atleast I hope we aren't, the o-line will struggle again.

Bentley is taken, never on our radar, imo
Hutchinson hasn't even been mentioned here
Mawae came and left unsigned

If we don't sign TO to take up some cap space......someone has a lot of 'splainin to do at Valley Ranch.

We could have kept Bledsoe upright with one or two key O-line signings.

Look on the bright side though guys....we got KAISER, or whatever his name is!

gbrittain

Reaction score
Zippy Speedster said:
Allen restructures and will be back.

Flozell is a Hotel.

Have to believe Parcells sees something in Gurode worth giving one last chance to. He also saw something in Flozell his first year here which most fans weren't seeing, if we all remember correctly. Andre Gurode, this years Oline Sleeper.

Rivera will come back strong from the injury. I predict he'll rise above the competition being brought in and return to pre-2005 form. Kozier's nothing but back up and incentive to prop up under you know where to get Allen and Rivera moving again.

Petitti returns or we take Winston Justice with our number 1.

I don't know what people are complaining about. Injury mostly killed us up front last year. This year is more about adding some depth and testing the progress of our two young centers and young tackle to see which if any we need to be replaced. Don't count Petitti out just yet. Something about him, I get the feeling he's really out to prove to his coach and the world he can do it.

Rivera will be 34 next month, I dont think he is going to bounce back to what he was pre 2005. I hope you are right, but that is not the way things usually work.

Once you start going downhill at the age of 34 you usually do not turn things around.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
IF we are done, and I don't think we are.....atleast I hope we aren't, the o-line will struggle again.

Bentley is taken, never on our radar, imo
Hutchinson hasn't even been mentioned here
Mawae came and left unsigned

If we don't sign TO to take up some cap space......someone has a lot of 'splainin to do at Valley Ranch.

We could have kept Bledsoe upright with one or two key O-line signings.

Look on the bright side though guys....we got KAISER, or whatever his name is!

Do you mean Fabini? Mawae has not visted as of yet!!