If TO Grabs 3 TDs...

followthestar

Reaction score
I was against signing TO - I don't mind admitting it. And whether he stays or not, I will live with it. But it would nudge me closer to the TO bandwagon if he chose tomorrow to make a real statement game. I have the feeling a lot of us are thinking the same way...

So let's say TO does put up numbers like: 9 catches, 127 yards, 3 TDs. Would you still have no feelings either way? I think that might tip the scales for me, and I'm hoping he's a big part of our victory tomorrow!!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope you are right. But I want a win whether he has 9 catches or 0 catches.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
If the season ended right now I would be pleased. Hes scored 11 TDs and the most important stat is that hes in the top of the league in 3rd down conversion catches. Thats an area where we used to be pitiful - now suddenly on 3rd and a mile I have confidence everytime Romo drops back. Not to mention the attention he draws from defensive coordinators that opens up the game so much for Witten and Glenn.

Before T.O. we were an average 9-7 team with no redzone threat (keyshawn was overrated, fades in the endzone aren't that impressive to me) now with T.O. we're in the playoffs for the first time in years and possibly on pace to have the best record we've had in 10 years. Anyone that says we'd be 9-5 without T.O. right now is a fool. [/end rant]

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
jazzcat22;1255552 said:
I hope you are right. But I want a win whether he has 9 catches or 0 catches.

I want a win above all else... but he needs to be catching and getting first downs and scoring... from here on out more than ever..... this is where that 10 mil should come into play:D

Reaction score
I agree..

Without T.O. Witten doesnt get open, Terry is doubled every play.. Crayton/Hurd/Austin gets singled. Whether you like him or hate him, Eldorado makes this team better.

The only thing better than 2006 T.O that is realistically out there would be 2009 Calvin Johnson. Have to wait 2-3 years for any rookie to come in and make and have an impact. Sure there are exceptions. Michael Clayton 2004, Colston 2006, and Randy Moss 1998. But there are rare...

Andre Johnson would be next closest thing but hes not going anywhere. I'm sure money will talk in Houston...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1255603 said:
I agree..

Without T.O. Witten doesnt get open, Terry is doubled every play.. Crayton/Hurd/Austin gets singled. Whether you like him or hate him, Eldorado makes this team better.

The only thing better than 2006 T.O that is realistically out there would be 2009 Calvin Johnson. Have to wait 2-3 years for any rookie to come in and make and have an impact. Sure there are exceptions. Michael Clayton 2004, Colston 2006, and Randy Moss 1998. But there are rare...

Andre Johnson would be next closest thing but hes not going anywhere. I'm sure money will talk in Houston...

If you had to choose between Ginn and Johnson who would you take? I'd have to go with world class speed in Ginn, and his punt return abilities.

Reaction score
Depends... CJ is 6'5 235 and will run a high 4.3 low 4.4

Ginn is barely 6 foot , probably 175 and will more than likely run a 4.2 something..

Ill take a big receiver with speed anyday over the shorter one. If Teddy G. was in the 200 range with the same speed, I might change my opinion. I think if you get a solid hit on Ted, hes not getting up. But thats the hard part I guess is getting that shot.

Tedd Ginn is like Reggie bush without the agility. He cant cut like Bush , but his acceleration is what he has over Bush. After he has the ball, he can get to top end speed like no one else. But unfortunately for him, he will have to get stronger to shrug of arm tackles when he accelerates a la Steve Smith....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
GoinForSix;1255606 said:
If you had to choose between Ginn and Johnson who would you take? I'd have to go with world class speed in Ginn, and his punt return abilities.

Every time I have seen Johnson he has just dazzled the TV screen. He's a human highlight reel. I would have to go with him. That said, I don't care how many TDs T.O. scores tomorrow. As long as we win I am happy. Chances are he plays a major part in the W factor. I see him sucking up so much attention that Terry Glenn plays "pin the toast on the bread" with whomever they line up on him. TG will have a bigger day for that very reason.