1. Kicker
2. 1 LB, preferably OLB.

Jersey

Reaction score
1. Venateri-K
2. Ayodole-LB
3. T.O.-WR
4. Coleman-FS

I'd be happy with this. PS- I do like the Kosier signing.

ghst187

Reaction score
Jersey said:
1. Venateri-K
2. Ayodole-LB
3. T.O.-WR
4. Coleman-FS

I'd be happy with this. PS- I do like the Kosier signing.

gag on the TO part but at least getting Ayodele, a PK, and Coleman would be good, actually almost required.
I really hope Ayodele doesn't get away. Not many more options out there for us at 3-4 LB. PK options are down to Vinateri or Vanderjerk. FS options are still out there...D Jackson, Coleman, Milloy..
I think we sign at least one big name though....I'm afraid it'll be TO but I'd prefer to get J Walker and Steve Hutchinson.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
gag on the TO part but at least getting Ayodele, a PK, and Coleman would be good, actually almost required.
I really hope Ayodele doesn't get away. Not many more options out there for us at 3-4 LB. PK options are down to Vinateri or Vanderjerk. FS options are still out there...D Jackson, Coleman, Milloy..
I think we sign at least one big name though....I'm afraid it'll be TO but I'd prefer to get J Walker and Steve Hutchinson.

I would prefer Walker over TO as well, but seeing how that Walker is not a FA this year, and still has a year left with GB, we would have to trade to do a deal. As much love as I give Ellis, I would personally pack his bags for that deal.

sago1

Reaction score
Cowboys have starter needs at PK, FS, RT, OLB (use #1 pick to fill?) & ILB (unless we believe Burnett can get job done).

Drafting PK is not an option so it's FA. With Longwell & Bryant gone, we've got Vinatieri & Vandergajt so we better be prepared to spend the money. If we can sign Vinatieri, that is a big upgrade.

Not sure about Kosier signing but for time being it's Parcells call. Does this mean Allen won't be back? Big question certainly. Hope Riveria healthy this year and can improve his performance, but whose his backup? If we think it is Gurode, I suspect Gurode only resigned cause he wanted legit shot at starting center.; one of them better step up. Anyway, we must upgrade RT; if Pettiti can be a solid backup RT this year that is all we can hope for at this point.

Hopeful we can draft OLB, OT & FS in that order on first day but we'd be better off if at least 1 of these positions (RT or FS) filled in FA; otherwise we held hostage to our needs (leads to overreaching) instead of BPA which we can mesh w/needs.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Cowboys have starter needs at PK, FS, RT, OLB (use #1 pick to fill?) & ILB (unless we believe Burnett can get job done).

Drafting PK is not an option so it's FA. With Longwell & Bryant gone, we've got Vinatieri & Vandergajt so we better be prepared to spend the money. If we can sign Vinatieri, that is a big upgrade.

Not sure about Kosier signing but for time being it's Parcells call. Does this mean Allen won't be back? Big question certainly. Hope Riveria healthy this year and can improve his performance, but whose his backup? If we think it is Gurode, I suspect Gurode only resigned cause he wanted legit shot at starting center.; one of them better step up. Anyway, we must upgrade RT; if Pettiti can be a solid backup RT this year that is all we can hope for at this point.

Hopeful we can draft OLB, OT & FS in that order on first day but we'd be better off if at least 1 of these positions (RT or FS) filled in FA; otherwise we held hostage to our needs (leads to overreaching) instead of BPA which we can mesh w/needs.

Pretty good points. Burnett can get it done and be a very good LB, provided he can stay healthy for a while. If he can, you'll be impressed. He was very good here at UT (TN). Kicker and FS are the most pressing besides OL IMO. I think we are truly 2 players away from having a top 5 defense. Offensively, a strong line would alone be enough to get us over the hump...with a consistent kicker that isn't named Cortez:). As for Gurode, I really think he would shine as a guard. I think the reason he re-signed was because he had interest from only 2 teams according to his agent. hard to tell what he was offered, but obviously wasn't as much as he expected or he would be history.