If we jump to a early lead against the Eagles.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Lets say we get some luck on our side. We kick off to open the game and on one of the Eagles first couple plays we force a fumble or INT the ball. Bledsoe comes in and throws a quick strike for a fast TD.

Philly is a little shaken and does a 3 and out and punt. We go down and get another TD and take a 14-0 lead.

If we get a early lead the last thing we should do is play conservative. We need to open it up more and really pour it on and run up the score. I dont want to see Dallas get beat the same way KC got beat by Philly.

If we should have a 28 point lead try and get a 35 point lead. If we are up like 42-14 I wanna see Bledsoe throw a deep pass to Glenn or Price for another TD.

Reaction score
I would just worry about trying to win the game instead of saying we should play aggressive if we get a lead. We should play good football, and we'll have a shot. That's about as far as you can go with that.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Lets say we get some luck on our side. We kick off to open the game and on one of the Eagles first couple plays we force a fumble or INT the ball. Bledsoe comes in and throws a quick strike for a fast TD.

Philly is a little shaken and does a 3 and out and punt. We go down and get another TD and take a 14-0 lead.

If we get a early lead the last thing we should do is play conservative. We need to open it up more and really pour it on and run up the score. I dont want to see Dallas get beat the same way KC got beat by Philly.

If we should have a 28 point lead try and get a 35 point lead. If we are up like 42-14 I wanna see Bledsoe throw a deep pass to Glenn or Price for another TD.

Nice.

But you are forgetting the 4th Parcells Commandment:

Thou Shalt Not Throw Long

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

Let's see, ... we haven't scored a point in the first quarter all season.

We are playing the Philadelphia Eagles, who own us recently.

And you start a thread about what to do if we go up early by two TD's, and what our plan should be as we go on to run the score up and rout them. :rolleyes:

:laugh2:

Hoffa

Benched
Reaction score
If we get a early lead the last thing we should do is play conservative.

Wouldn't that be nice. Unfortunately it will never happen with Parcells as the coach. No use even discussing it.

EagleAye

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

You're in a fantasy world my friend, however, you do make a point that the opposing team must stay aggressive against the Eagles in order to have a chance to stay with them. They are among the best comeback teams in the NFL. If you slouch.....they will eat you alive.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
How the hell is Zimmy-wuss's defense gonna play out that first sceneario for, of all people, you? It sucks to have something come back and bite you in the arse huh?
Yes, I've been waiting. Irony can be a beautiful thing.

Novacek84

Reaction score
...28 point lead or 35 point lead? I mean I love the Cowboys and HATE the Eagles, but c'mon. Let's just try to keep Westbrook and Owens under control and then maybe we have a chance to win. I really want this game to make a statement but I've seen nothing from our defense so far that causes me to believe we will control both Owens and Westbrook. Now prove me wrong! At times this board needs a heavy dose of realism.

RedskinsOne

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

Fantasizing like this may be unhealthy. Do you know that Philadelphia has beaten Dallas 9 out of 10 games starting in 2000, by an average margin of more than 22 points?

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
RedskinsOne said:
Fantasizing like this may be unhealthy. Do you know that Philadelphia has beaten Dallas 9 out of 10 games starting in 2000, by an average margin of more than 22 points?

Did you know the Commanders have only won 2 outta the last 16 games with Dallas.

Hoffa said:
Wouldn't that be nice. Unfortunately it will never happen with Parcells as the coach. No use even discussing it.

That is what I worry about. I am worried we get a FG and take a 3 point lead and Parcells plays conservative after that cuz he thinks 3 points is a safe nuff lead.

Parcells never plays to win.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

Earlier in this thread I laughed at this scenario.
(I was not the only one though, I may add)
:rolleyes:

When we went up 7-0, this thread was the first thing I thought about.

I can say that "crow" has never tasted better !!

Good call Wolverine.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
EagleAye said:
You're in a fantasy world my friend, however, you do make a point that the opposing team must stay aggressive against the Eagles in order to have a chance to stay with them. They are among the best comeback teams in the NFL. If you slouch.....they will eat you alive.

I like the way you think EagleAye! Did I say wecome? You phrased your response very diplomatically ...and "nailed it!" I couldn't have said it any better.:D