If we play New England again, i say we die by the blitz!

Frozen700

Reaction score
If we play Tom Brady again....i say we keep 5 guys covering....and send six of our best after him.....Jam Moss and stallworth....and whoever else they have lined up....have roy and hamlin just spy the TE and RB in the 2 WR sets....and just pray we get to him

seriously sending 4 or 5 and playing soft Zone....he will light us up...so why not get lit up trying to knock his block off?

I know it sounds easy...but they have a good O-Line and Brady will pick us apart trying to send 4 at him....we might as well just send 2 rushers and have everyone watching the short and deep routes.

Or if we send 4 or 5....have the safeties come up and watch the flats and short come back routs and let henry and Newman take there chances trying to cover the deep routes...i rather take away all the short options and have him try and burn us deep...Because our tackling is poor

But i still think we should send the house, Bump and Run...have Newman just turn around and try his best to play the ball on Moss.

idk what do you guys think?

Play them the Way Parcells played the Eagles when we killed them...Rattle the QB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1842299 said:
If we play Tom Brady again....i say we keep 5 guys covering....and send six of our best after him.....Jam Moss and stallworth....and whoever else they have lined up....have roy and hamlin just spy the TE and RB in the 2 WR sets....and just pray we get to him

seriously sending 4 or 5 and playing soft Zone....he will light us up...so why not get lit up trying to knock his block off?

I know it sounds easy...but they have a good O-Line and Brady will pick us apart trying to send 4 at him....we might as well just send 2 rushers and have everyone watching the short and deep routes.

Or if we send 4 or 5....have the safeties come up and watch the flats and short come back routs and let henry and Newman take there chances trying to cover the deep routes...i rather take away all the short options and have him try and burn us deep...Because our tackling is poor

But i still think we should send the house, Bump and Run...have Newman just turn around and try his best to play the ball on Moss.

idk what do you guys think?

Play them the Way Parcells played the Eagles when we killed them...Rattle the QB

If our D plays the way we did last time against them with a healthy Anthony Henry we'll be just fine.

We played good D on them on 1st and 2nd down. 3rd down they killed us because they picked on Nate Jones with Wes Welker.

If they go 3 wide we have Henry and co vs Moss, Newman vs Welker, Reeves vs Stallworth.

Having a healthy secondary is key for us in that game.

khiladi

Reaction score
I say we do that to Carolina and a bunch of these no name squads like the Commanders, before we try it out on Brady.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from T700

Its very easy to want to send the house after Brady everytime. We want to beat Brady and Moss THAT bad.

BUT... when it comes down to it... we have to be smart... now mixing in some nice blitz packages on 3rd and long - I AM ALL FOR THAT.

3rd and long drives me nuts.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady will kill you with the blitz like he has with teams all year.

Philly had success rushing three and then sending a fourth guy from different angles.

You try rushing 5 or more repeatedly and you'll give up some big plays.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I know the weather had something to do with it....but I am really starting to like that wacky Jets alignment with all that movement going on pre-snap. It looked as if it confused Brady because he had no idea who was going to be rushing and who was going to drop back in coverage. We beat them pretty easy, but that defense seemed to give Romo fits as well.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeah... blitzing vs a team that is already adapt at throwing quick, short passes... that's smart.

:rolleyes:

You beat teams like NE by NOT blitzing. You have to get pressure with your front 4 and use the other 7 in coverage. Your front 4 has to get pressure on their own.

Even the eagirls didn't blitz that much againts the cheatriots.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
:( I don't want to think about New England after losing to a bad team. You should bring this up again, if we win this week.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Just sending a blitz doesn't help if they don't get to Brady. The NE oline is very good.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
There's a column in today's NY Daily News arguing that their season could be ruined by one ill-timed snow storm in January, which would neutralize their passing attack and force them to run. Not sure I buy it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
bbgun;1842658 said:
There's a column in today's NY Daily News arguing that their season could be ruined by one ill-timed snow storm in January, which would neutralize their passing attack and force them to run. Not sure I buy it.

It didn't hurt them Sunday but then they were only playing the Jets. :D

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1842671 said:

He meant the kind of conditions that we saw in Cleveland.

Smith22

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1842671 said:

7 came from an INT return and they also scored 7 after a punt block inside the 5. They had a rough day on offense. Not that our team has any room to talk.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I seriously think the gameplan you saw is not the gameplan Wade thinks is the ideal way to stop them...I suspect we had a gut feeling we would see them again, and therefore would unveil our gameplan when it really counts. Now they will score...but I think we can hold them to around 24 - 27 if we execute the right gameplan. And that includes the right approach on offense as well.

To be honest with you...we will probably have to unveil that game plan against the Pack to even make it to the Super Bowl. I watched them on Sunday...their 5 wide is just impossible when Brett takes the short stuff...that game is going to have to be won with the right offensive approach.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1842654 said:
Just sending a blitz doesn't help if they don't get to Brady. The NE oline is very good.

Not really. What makes that offense go is the quick passing game. The OL doesn't have to be "Very good" if you throw a lot of quick passes.

The quick passing game also slows down the rush, which opens up the deep passing game.

The NE OL is solid, but not "very good" IMO.

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1842700 said:
Not really. What makes that offense go is the quick passing game. The OL doesn't have to be "Very good" if you throw a lot of quick passes.

The quick passing game also slows down the rush, which opens up the deep passing game.

The NE OL is solid, but not "very good" IMO.

As a Pats fan, I would agree our OL is good, not great - not by a long shot. Brady does not need it, Marino did not need it, and Romo actually has some of the same qualities. When your QB is smart, he can get away from most of "stuff" either through quick passes or just moving around the pocket.

One thing I really know about Brady is that he loves to play in a dome. Not the Colts stadium because the noise is just over the top. It is a combination of the way the stadium is built and the fact the fans are quiet as mouses when the Colts offense has the ball. And at some point, no question, some noise piped in. But they have a new stadium being built and it will take away some of that advantage.

So if we are lucky we will play in Arizona and Brady will love it. In my mind, if we make it there, it is over. Nobody is going to stop us. No weather elements, our WR's, just cannot see us losing.

But that is a long way off. But you are right on the money, our OL is just OK. Brady makes the difference.