If we see a lot of the punter tomorrow then its no way we beat the Eagles

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
THE PUNTER lol

I really hope the offense dont start the first offensive possession with a 3 and out like the last MEANINGFUL game in Philly. Punting the ball over and over on the road and not taking chance is not going to beat this team, McCarthy has to go for it on 4th down in the redzone and its 4th and 2 or less the same thing. No conversative play it safe and lets kick a FG type of football. Because the eagles will just come down and score a TD. You cannot punt and kick FG's against the eagles. if you do you have no shot. For example, if we get the ball first and have a 4th and goal on 2 yd line, we cant kick a FG especially if the score is 0-0. Gotta take chances tomorrow to move to 6-2.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Understand your perspective, but I don’t think you can arbitrarily go for it based on predetermined down and and distance numbers. Decisions have to be made based on the flow of the game.

Same with punting. If this is shockingly a defensive struggle, the coach has to be measured with his decision of punt or no punt.

In game critical decisions are part of the whole coaching gig that don’t always go with the game’s predetermined script.

btgboys41

Reaction score
If our punts are consistently between the two 45 yard lines than it may mean we are moving the ball well. And when we don’t, the Eagles are having to sustain long drives to score.

I get your point but this game can go high scoring, or defensive struggle and whoever wins field position game or turnover game wins.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Eagles are planning 2 hit us in the mouth and punish the defense with Swift and Hurts running it. DQ better stick to basics and contain this. If we can contain Hurts and Swift, it gives us a slim chance. If we can't we have 0 chance.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the dline must win their battles if we are 2 have any chance.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I would disagree simple because I think if you can win the turnover battle you have a real chance to win this one. Don’t go out and play stupid football and put your defense is bad situations on multiple short fields, that’s exactly how you let this game turn into a blowout.

Philly averages 28ppg….the Cowboys 28.1ppg
Philly -3 turnover differential….the Cowboys +6

Make the eagles go the length of the field and give your defense chances to make plays. Put up points anytime you can, FGs included. We have to stop putting this Philly team on a pedestal, they’ve looked very beatable often this year.