If we signed only 1 more FA

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Which available FA would you covet the most..

Im torn between Vinateri and Julian Peterson in terms of having the largest impact, but would probably lean toward rolling the dice on possibly one of the top FA aquisistions this year and go with Peterson.

Just think how close this defense is now and "IF", and thats a big if, Peterson can recover fully from his achilles, he would put this D over the edge and into a class by itself.

We have taken the frugal approach thus far, and taken care of buisness with solid, middle ground signings, and grabbed the stud of FA in TO, and are in posistion now to take a little chance on a player like Peterson, considering how much money we still have vs. gamble with his injury/recovery, I would pull the trigger.

Its a gamble, but one we can afford, and if it payed off this D would be feared throughout the league.

Slammin Bran 23

Reaction score
We need a kicker badly. I think we need Vinateri. If we got peterson and maybe an ok kicker like mare, then we'd be set.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Josh Brown. Kicker is more important to fill in FAgency, its the only position left that isn't a good idea to fill in the draft.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I'd say Adam V. There seems to be very good depth at OLB this draft, which rules out Arrington and Peterson for me.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Peterson is reped by the Postons...I doubt we see him sign here unless he has left them since Carl Poston got suspended.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
C,mon guys, you just dont get it,,, we dont need a kicker, we just need our boy Hoffman back...:rolleyes:

sago1

Reaction score
Don't know how much salary cap we have left that we can safely spend. Main target should be a K and while Vinatieri is the best, he'll cost us around $3M a year while Brown is much younger with a strong leger; understand Brown kicked 5 FGs over 50 yards but he is also inconsistent. In 05 his FG percentage was in the 70s; in 04 his FG percentage was in the 90s but his future looks bright. At only 25?, we could tie him up for next 5-7 years. Of course we don't know if we can sign him away from Seattle either. Leave it to Parcells/Jones to make the best choice. BTW: I also don't think we finish in FA yet. In addition to a K, we'll probably also sign vet FS for 1-2 year contract. After that, it depends on how much still left in cap whether we can sign anyone else.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Arrington...........it would make playing the Foreskins that much more fun next year, just like he Fecals.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Typhus said:
C,mon guys, you just dont get it,,, we dont need a kicker, we just need our boy Hoffman back...:rolleyes:

No Doubt. I bet the day parcells retires, JJ is on the phone getting Hoffman back. That dude saved are butts for years.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
Arrington...........it would make playing the Foreskins that much more fun next year, just like he Fecals.

Alot of people here don't want Arrington. I think he would be a great signing if he played within a system. I would like to take a shot at him with a contract similar to TO's. A bunch of 1 year deals that allow the cowboys to pull the plug if he freelances too much.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Alot of people here don't want Arrington. I think he would be a great signing if he played within a system. I would like to take a shot at him with a contract similar to TO's. A bunch of 1 year deals that allow the cowboys to pull the plug if he freelances too much.

Him and Ware could bring the noise that for sure. Im not sold on Arrington but he is probably the best available option at OLB.