If we trade down, Id rather get 2025 picks

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im probably in the minority on this, but if we move down in this draft at any point Id rather bring back 2025 picks than picks in the current draft.

Im not as concered as most are with not having picks in the middle of the draft. This is a very weak day 3, and we likely aren't getting good prospects there. Im not writing day 3 off completely, but Im not confident you have an opportunity to pull a Donavan Wilson or Jake Ferguson out of this draft. Im not that interested in recouping or stack picks in a weak portion of a draft. I see wanting to bring guys in at those spots, but I just dont see the value in it with this draft.

Trading for future picks is good value. When teams trade future picks for current ones, they will send you a pick one round higher than the one you are giving up. You trade away a 3rd round value, you get a 2nd. Trade away a 4th round value, you get a 3rd. Thats also how teams get 1sts. Instead of taking a 2nd round value back, they get a future 1st. That is the direction Id go if we start making moves in the draft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup…probably ought to have the tough conversation on trading some stars as well.
If you are moving on from Prescott, you want to bottom out. Lamb and Parsons would get you multiple #1's. You probably want to hold Lamb for the next guy though. Diggs and Bland might fetch you 1#'s. Bland definitely would right now with his contract.

If you are moving on from Prescott, the smart move to me would be stacking OL in this draft. Luckily its so deep in OL you could do that while moving down multiple times in the top 90

cnuball21

Reaction score
If you are moving on from Prescott, you want to bottom out. Lamb and Parsons would get you multiple #1's. You probably want to hold Lamb for the next guy though. Diggs and Bland might fetch you 1#'s. Bland definitely would right now with his contract.

If you are moving on from Prescott, the smart move to me would be stacking OL in this draft. Luckily its so deep in OL you could do that while moving down multiple times in the top 90
100%…tough decisions but necessary.

OK time to make an not all in mock.

stinkface

Reaction score
Plus if we dont extend Prescott, we will have to be aggressive in the 2025 draft to get a QB
By all reports next years QB draft is well below average. Much worse then this year. You don't want to have to select a QB next year. This year is great for QB's and Wide Outs. I expect 9 Wide Outs and 5 QB's to go in the first round this year. The top 4 QB's will for certain be gone by pick 11 as the Vikings pick then.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
By all reports next years QB draft is well below average. Much worse then this year. You don't want to have to select a QB next year. This year is great for QB's and Wide Outs. I expect 9 Wide Outs and 5 QB's to go in the first round this year. The top 4 QB's will for certain be gone by pick 11 as the Vikings pick then.
Its very rare to hit on an elite QB outside the top 10, let alone outside the top 20. Even this year. The guys after Maye are at best Matt Ryan types

stinkface

Reaction score
Its very rare to hit on an elite QB outside the top 10, let alone outside the top 20. Even this year. The guys after Maye are at best Matt Ryan types
Don't disagree. However, there are at least 3 QB's going in the top 5 this year. Next year there might be one. Take a lot more ammunition to move up next year if there is only one blue chipper in the draft.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
100%…tough decisions but necessary.

OK time to make a not all in mock.
That’s what Jones fears most. He may not be alive for it,That’s why he put all of his eggs in the Dak basket. A rebuild for this franchise could be long and painful. Collecting as many high picks is essential.