If we wanted to switch back to a 4-3 D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This thread is just for fun ..... so no one assume I am bashing Wade.

I am talking about if Garrett becomes head coach and wants to switch back.

Do you think we have the personnel already in place to do it?

I do

Ellis/Spencer - Tank/Spears/Canty - Rat - Ware

Burnett/Carp - Zack/Carp - James

Roy - Hamlin

Henry/Pac - Newman

I think this may actually play to 5 of these players strengths.

What does everyone else think?

Anyway ..... just bored.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I think we already play this a lot of times disguised as a 3-4. Think about it. Ellis and DWare are really defensive ends, we just called them linebackers. Thats actually 5 dlinemen at the line of scrimmage at any one time.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
there is no way this team even considers switching back.

it is wrecking teams in the current 3-4.

as long as Ware is here we are gonna be 3-4 because he is the best OLB in the league.

while he is still a very good 4-3 end he'd take a lot more physical toll dealing with left tackles regularly than he does now destroying tight ends.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
jterrell;2278199 said:

as long as Ware is here we are gonna be 3-4 because he is the best OLB in the league.

while he is still a very good 4-3 end he'd take a lot more physical toll dealing with left tackles regularly than he does now destroying tight ends.

I doubt Ware has seen many one on one match ups with Tight Ends in the last couple of years.

khiladi

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2278211 said:
I doubt Ware has seen many one on one match ups with Tight Ends in the last couple of years.

Ware is constantly doubled and no team in their right mind matches him against tight-ends. A tight-end is only on him when an OL'man is blocking him. Greg Ellis though, is getting that match-up.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Depends on the 4-3 you want to run. A 4-3 under is pretty close to a 3-4.

Canty is the one guy who would have a hard time fitting in. He's too tall for DT.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jterrell;2278199 said:

Personally I do not think the switch would effect Ware at all.

But I think it would help Ellis (if he is still playing), Tank, Rat, Zach (if he is still playing), Roy (just scheme wise), and probably Carpenter.

But like I said ..... I do not see the change either ..... just something to talk about between the Romo, Roy, and Wade bashings.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
jterrell;2278199 said:

Agreed.

While I have concerns.... you cannot deny the fact that we virtually kept the Browns(I forget how they got their 7) and Packers(late in game, pretty much decided) from scoring a TD.

Like Meatloaf sings, "cause 2 outta 3 aint bad" :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO WAY...ARgghhh 3-4 to 4-3 after we got it all set up with the players we like and people want to switch back if wade leaves.

Argghh
Foot Stop
Palm to Face

That is a weak attempt at Mock Outrage. You just could not let a thread go without some of it even if you outline it is a what if scenario.:D

On a serious note. I think we probably could, maybe a change or two with players, but I think we are better off sticking with what we have.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2278184 said:

I do

Roy - Hamlin

Henry/Pac - Newman

Anyway ..... just bored.

4-3 would be beastly with us although I like Ware athletic ability and him being in coverage and in the open field is a plus. Although James and Thomas would benefit a lot from a 4-3 and Burnett may be able to crack the starting line up at WOLB.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Why would you want to switch back in the first place?

I'd much rather have Ware standing up and free to run rather than having his hand on the ground where LTs can get on him right away.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2278211 said:

He was matched up regularly last night with Donald Lee alone on running plays.

Did you and khiladi watch the game??? They only highlighted that and showed it in slow motion... really wasnt hard to follow.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I believe we should stick to what we have worked on....it takes approx 2 yrs to be productive when switching schemes like that.

Sandman52

Reaction score
zrinkill;2278184 said:

I do

Roy - Hamlin

Henry/Pac - Newman

Anyway ..... just bored.

I think Garrett likes the 3-4. Remember, it was widely believed (during the Raven's HC search) that Dom Capers is his guy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yes, we could. Our personel fits a 43 well IMO. Out DT rotation would be exceptionally strong. Both Ratliff and Tank would be exceptional. Our DE rotation would also be excellent as well, IMO. Canty and Ware would be very strong DEs. Ellis on 3rd down at the other DE would be a powerful rush. Zack Thomas would be an unbelievable MLB, Carpenter is a much better fit for a 43 OLB, as opposed to a 34 ILB IMO. Burnett is also a better fit in a 43. Spencer could go either way, DE or Strong OLB. We have good personel to run either scheme IMO.