if we win one playoff game I would keep Wade

STSINAZ

Reaction score
but get rid of the redhead...get a real offensive coordinator in here, let wade run the D all year...then if we falter again go after cowher or holmgren in 2010...wade will have proven his worth if he can get us to the playoffs and one win in them minimum...from where we were to there is very good...and the momentum to next year will be good...

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
The way the defense has been playing the last month, you keep wade period.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
He's not going anywhere.

Stewart and Read could be in trouble though.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2494369 said:
The way the defense has been playing the last month, you keep wade period.
that and Garrett can barely manage an offense filled with weapons.

Ren

Reaction score
Keep him i guess and try to get Norv (cause he will get fired) to run the offense

Batman

Reaction score
STSINAZ;2494343 said:
but get rid of the redhead...get a real offensive coordinator in here, let wade run the D all year...then if we falter again go after cowher or holmgren in 2010...wade will have proven his worth if he can get us to the playoffs and one win in them minimum...from where we were to there is very good...and the momentum to next year will be good...

Even if we lose our 1st playoff game, Wade needs to stay. The reason I say this is because, while our defense is dominating right now, just imagine if Wade gets that one other key player on defense. Regardless of how this season goes, I am all for Wade coming back as coach next year.

Garrett, seriously what more could you have asked from him in the game tonight. He called some screen passes at the perfect time that really messed up the Giants defense. He called a really good game tonight, but not everything quite worked and well for good reason. The Giants happen to have a pretty good defense. That will cause problems for everything going right every play. Garrett is good, give him a chance. Garrett is only going to get better and better, and he called a great game tonight.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
my how the redhead's stock has went down and quick! old wade bumped his stock quick too!

STSINAZ

Reaction score
I say our number one thing to do in the offseason is to get a serious veteran backup at guard

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
You have to keep Wade. There are other coaches that need to go, but Wade has to stay. We just now got the defense that we've been wanting for years.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If we make the playoffs Wade should be 100% safe.

A telling stat was when Madden stated the Giants have had the same OL for essentially two consecutive years... no injuries, nothing. A lot has been made about how the Ginats overcome losing Strahan then Osi(well it helps to have first rounders behind those guys as pass rushers...) but the OL hasn't suffered any losses.

They lost one guy and then had a horrid time blocking anyone. We are using our 3rd string LG.

We have also had injuries up and down the lineup including at QB.

In this era of parity injuries are huge and the number we have had is enormous. So I'd say Wade may not have done a masterful job but he certainly shouldn't face firing. The only loss he has to swallow whole is the Rams. We have not been the healthier team in any other game we lost and we'd be a .500 club if Wade hadn't stepped in and used his defensive expertise to offer some tweaks.

BP was supposed to be excellent with the OL and the defense but those two areas continually let us down under his watch; no matter how much of a buiffon people want to make Wade out to be the guy can coach defense.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
STSINAZ;2494401 said:
I say our number one thing to do in the offseason is to get a serious veteran backup at guard

We have 3 very good guards. We just had bad luck with Kosier and Holland being out basically all year. If anything we may try to draft a young guard... it hasn't worked out for crud recently but with the age of guards we have to keep trying.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Just make Wade the DC. :) That's his true calling in life anyways.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
STSINAZ;2494343 said:

I agree with Wade. His defense is playing lights out right now. If this keeps up, he has earned his job.

As far as "Red"....ohhhh I'm not even going to start.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Ozzu;2494403 said:
You have to keep Wade. There are other coaches that need to go, but Wade has to stay. We just now got the defense that we've been wanting for years.

Right. This defense is on the verge of being a dominant force - they just need to continue to play at this high level. This isn't the right time to change their coach.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think Wade is the kinda guy that will have to stick around to have a real impact on his players. I think he's so laid back, that players might take advantage of it or something...then they might get an appreciation of him. I certainly don't know if thats true, but I think (believe it or not) that the team is coming together now more than it has in the last 2 years.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Too bad Garrett didn't take the Baltimore job; we could have had Cam Cameron.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
STSINAZ;2494401 said:
That and a servicable backup QB, along with a HUGE NT. If you brought in a big NT, this defense could be unmatched.

Wade has shocked me with how this defense is playing, I know seeing the Chargers D a couple of years ago, then we saw last year that it was a good defense, just not dominant. But dang, now it seems like this defense is str8 nasty.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Clove;2494607 said:
That and a servicable backup QB, along with a HUGE NT. If you brought in a big NT, this defense could be unmatched.

Wade has shocked me with how this defense is playing, I know seeing the Chargers D a couple of years ago, then we saw last year that it was a good defense, just not dominant. But dang, now it seems like this defense is str8 nasty.

I agree completely. People looked at stats and said the defenses were almost identical. No, they weren't. We were not controlling the game like the Chargers D back in 06. We are now. This is what we've all been waiting for.

Maybe this little offensive slump is what this defense needed. When you have an offense that is putting up huge numbers, you dont have the intensity level that is needed. But when the offense is slumping and it's up to you, they have played at a new level.