If you like inside OL options, you'll love this CBS Mock

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Josh Edwards has us taking JPJ and then Frazier in the 1st and 2nd round. LOL. Comes back with a RB in the 3rd.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...erbacks-are-taken-with-first-four-selections/
Well, that would be interesting. I guess Tyler would go to tackle and some combination of JPJ and Frazier would play LG and C. I'm not totally opposed although I hate to invest that much in the line ... although when you choose to let starters go and don't replace them, you don't have a lot of choices.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well, that would be interesting. I guess Tyler would go to tackle and some combination of JPJ and Frazier would play LG and C. I'm not totally opposed although I hate to invest that much in the line ... although when you choose to let starters go and don't replace them, you don't have a lot of choices.

Yeah I am out on this. That's a lot to invest in two interior OL positions. I can see going one interior guy, but two?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah I am out on this. That's a lot to invest in two interior OL positions. I can see going one interior guy, but two?
Frazier would be really good value with our second-round pick, so I don't know if I'd pass on him just because we took JPJ. Would potentially make our line a strength for years to come with Tyler, Frazier and JPJ. And Steele isn't that old. A fairly quick rebuild, other than having to replace Martin in a year or three.

If we didn't have so many holes to fill, it wouldn't even be a concern to do this, but we've got other needs that make it tougher even if the value is good.

TheDank

Reaction score
Id rather us go JPJ then Cooper Beebe if one of them is going to play guard. JPJ, Beebe and Jaylen Wright would be ideal to me for our first 3 picks. Trade the late rounders for some expiring contract vets for Zimmer.

J-man

Reaction score
The medicals on JPJ could cause him to fall down the board. If that happens, than I can easily see them not force the O-line pick and go straight BPA at 24. Guys like Chop, Murphy, Latu, Newton, DeJean, Wiggins, Thomas jr, Mitchell etc...could be the surprise pick, regardless if they trade back or not.
And then I see them grabbing the best O-lineman available at 56. Morgan, Beebe, Frazie, Haynes etc...

Malhavoc

Reaction score
The medicals on JPJ could cause him to fall down the board. If that happens, than I can easily see them not force the O-line pick and go straight BPA at 24. Guys like Chop, Murphy, Latu, Newton, DeJean, Wiggins, Thomas jr, Mitchell etc...could be the surprise pick, regardless if they trade back or not.
And then I see them grabbing the best O-lineman available at 56. Morgan, Beebe, Frazie, Haynes etc...
There will be a lot of good options at 24. I just hope we get a real player. I don‘t give a heck about position.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind this. Rule zero of the draft is "pick a good player", and JPJ and Frazier are both going to be really good.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The mock author isn’t thorough. He forgot his own first round pick when he mocked a Center to the Cowboys in the 2nd.