I'm already over this game

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I'm over it already. Atleast I'm ok with the offense. The pats didnt stop us, we were driving at will. penalties cost us but what i seen on the field was dominant. Even Julius came out to play. No team in the league can stop the Cowboys Offense, that is a fact. We might stop ourselves or the refs but nobody else will stop us. believe that.

The Defense on the other hand is a joke...but I wont break a sweat on them since they have let us down year after year after year..They are supposed to be our strong point every year and every year thy melt down.

All I'm asking out of them is to step up every now and then...not every game, just every now and then. And if we reach the SB, to play with heart.

Hopefully tank an henry comming in will help us out..

but yea I'm over it...And I know we will destroy the vikings.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
DallasDomination;1710414 said:
I'm over it already. Atleast I'm ok with the offense. The pats didnt stop us, we were driving at will. penalties cost us but what i seen on the field was dominant. Even Julius came out to play. No team in the league can stop the Cowboys Offense, that is a fact. We might stop ourselves or the refs but nobody else will stop us. believe that.

The Defense on the other hand is a joke...but I wont break a sweat on them since they have let us down year after year after year..They are supposed to be our strong point every year and every year thy melt down.

All I'm asking out of them is to step up every now and then...not ever game, just every now and then. And if we reach the SB, to play with heart.

Hopefully tank an henry comming in will help us out..

but yea I'm over it...And I know we will destroy the vikings.

I think our D is pretty good-but the Pats O just gives us matchup nightmares(I predicted this last week), IMHO.

With that being said, we win next week against the Queens, this loss will permanently be erased from our memories!

Aikbach

Reaction score
The defense dealt with a three pronged attack, 1.) silly mistakes and penalties 2.) Putrid officiating 3.) Rule changes designed to make defense much harder than it used to be, see putrid officiating for example of this.

Cali'sFinest

Reaction score
This loss is no problem..5-1 is still good and you gotta be honest and say it's no surprise the Patriots won...We did well on O just the penaltys killed us.

Staying on top of the NFC is what matters.

dannyz

Reaction score
I disagree on the defense. Couple of reasons...

1) Time of Possession, we were killed on this and the reason it is such a big deal in games is because it makes it easier for the other team to score late in the game, your defense is tired. Pats scored 27 pts in last 20 minutes?

2) Scheme, we have been playing soft coverage up front to protect against the big plays. I think this is a good approach considering our safety. This is what Phillips does, he plays to the players and we have a safety that can't cover. Up until now it has worked, but the Pats knew how to beat us by taking tons of ding / dunk plays that picked us apart for short gains. Brady looked like a rookie qb throwing all those short passes, but it was because of our coverage.

3) Yes, we are missing Henry and yes, Newman is not 100%. That leaves us with Reeves, who is playing well but still has some work to do, and Nate Jones who should be on the field on a very limited basis right now. Everyone has injuries to deal with, but our secondary is struggling because of it and that is where our defense is hurting yards per game. Our front line has been solid. No one is running on us. NO ONE. Ratliff has stepped up very big so far and with Ellis back, we are getting consistent pressure with 4-5 guys. Today Brady was getting the ball out quick with the short passes to avoid the pressure. This is helping our secondary and crappy safety situation.

Overall our defense is good, but we have a few holes due to injury. Put Henry back and a 100% T-New after the bye and we will be hard to not only run on as we are now, but also hard to pass on. I just hope Phillips calls for some tighter coverage once we get our starters back to 100%.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Relax about the defense.

Face it, Tom Brady could quite possibly be the best QB EVER when its all said and done.

I mean no respect to those have come before him or those around him now.

Maybe this is a bold statement and even too bold for a Cowboys forum.

But the guy is amazing... he has all the intangibles along with the tools to make every throw needed on the field.

We hit him early and often... Roy had a nice shot in his *area* on the 1st drive of the game, we sacked him 3 times (I believe) and he still picked us a part.

Blame our scheme, blame Henry not playing, blame the refs even... but Brady has lead his team to 3 SB victories in a 4 year period... AFC Championship game last year and now he has 21 TDs and 2 INTs through 6 games.

The man deserves his props (sad to say).

Anyway, enough man love, there is enough of that with the Pats already.

Our defense came up huge against the Bills on MNF winning that game for us (along with Folk).

Coming into Sunday's game our defense let up 1 TD and 2 FGs in the past 3 games (sure, blame the opponents and how weak they are but these are NFL teams and on "any given sunday").

So, let us get healthy, let us grow as a team and we will see them again in early February.