I'm Happy Tyler Smith can stay at guard!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
To me this move was great in terms of keeping our PRO BOWL guard right where he is. Tyler has been amazing, and it's great to see him get to stay put at guard. What are your thoughts on this?? He was going to accept it, but who really wants to change up after getting comfortable to a position you've been in for the past few sessions!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
To me this move was great in terms of keeping our PRO BOWL guard right where he is. Tyler has been amazing, and it's great to see him get to stay put at guard. What are your thoughts on this?? He was going to accept it, but who really wants to change up after getting comfortable to a position you've been in for the past few sessions!
Some guy on YouTube did a 30 minute video on Guyton about two months ago. He showed the games against Oklahoma, Tulsa, and Oklahoma State. Let’s just say Tyler looked mean, nasty, and athletic.

75boyz

Reaction score
Just the opposite here Coogs.
Thought Tyler Smith should kick out to LT as he was originally drafted to be the Tyron replacement anyway.

Guards are much easier to find than left tackles. Tyler has already proven more than capable of handling the LT position even as a rookie.

Just my opinion though.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I wouldn't pencil Guyton in at LT just yet. Steele might end up being the odd man out.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Same here... keep Tyler at his position of strength and keep Guyton at LT to learn his position as well That will allow Bass who looks like a keeper to maybe eventually replace Zack..... C is still a weakness though. Hope there is one available in the 3rd round. I would expect Steele to be back to his norm at RT with more confidence from his past injury.

Add hopefully Brooks at RB and you know Jerry will resign CeeDee and you have an offense starting to take shape, QB? good question. Can't think of everything......

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Same here... keep Tyler at his position of strength and keep Guyton at LT to learn his position as well That will allow Bass who looks like a keeper to maybe eventually replace Zack..... C is still a weakness though. Hope there is one available in the 3rd round. I would expect Steele to be back to his norm at RT with more confidence from his past injury.

Add hopefully Brooks at RB and you know Jerry will resign CeeDee and you have an offense starting to take shape, QB? good question. Can't think of everything......
Yeah I think there's one from Michigan they were talking about that's decent. Agreed, let's keep this Pro Bowl guard where he is, no need to move him!

conner01

Reaction score
I wouldn't pencil Guyton in at LT just yet. Steele might end up being the odd man out.
Not likely. He can’t play LT and even though he’s a rookie Guyton will play LT or be depth if smith plays LT. I think day one of camp Beebe is gonna be snapping a foitball and learning the position.

reddyuta

Reaction score
lets not count our chickens yet.If Steele still sucks then Guyton has to move to RT and Beebe to LG and Tyler Smith to LT.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Agreed. Not sure how this will end up. Guyton is a project and Steele had a horrible season.

Smith to LT is the only thing I can say with confidence would work.

Beaker42

Reaction score
We need to put Richards at LT and put Guyton at RT because Steele is done.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Me too. Now he can finally get a guardsbody and be even better.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Just the opposite here Coogs.
Thought Tyler Smith should kick out to LT as he was originally drafted to be the Tyron replacement anyway.

Guards are much easier to find than left tackles. Tyler has already proven more than capable of handling the LT position even as a rookie.

Just my opinion though.

Tyler Smith to LT.
Cooper Bebe LG
Hoffman C
Zach RG
Steele mentoring Guyton. Steele gone after 24. Guyton RT