I'm just saying... (appreciation thread)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Its funny....

for years.... when the team lost... after the game it looked like they kinda got used to it... almost expecting or atleast willing to accept the loss.

NOW... this team expects to win... the thought of a loss is almost not bearable. Theses players go into every game thinking they have a shot.

Here's to the next group of ELITE Cowboys... I dont think some of us fans really realize what we got... what is happening right now

Potential HOF's

Owens
Romo
Witten
Davis
Williams
Newman
Ware
Spencer

We may be in living history here boys and girls

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
i think suggesting Spencer might be a little premature, and I wouldnt think Williams could get in either.

Eddie

Reaction score
Don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm not sure we have any future HOF's on this team ... not until we win a SB or two or three or four. :)

Enjoy the ride and worry about the after life afterwards.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
It is extremely difficult to get into the Hall of Fame.

The players you mentioned will also be compared with players of their era.

At this point, Jason Witten and Terrell Owens are the only potential Hall of Famers on that list.

- Mike G.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
YoMick;1750427 said:
Its funny....

for years.... when the team lost... after the game it looked like they kinda got used to it... almost expecting or atleast willing to accept the loss.

NOW... this team expects to win... the thought of a loss is almost not bearable. Theses players go into every game thinking they have a shot.

Here's to the next group of ELITE Cowboys... I dont think some of us fans really realize what we got... what is happening right now

Potential HOF's

Owens
Romo
Witten
Davis
Williams
Newman
Ware
Spencer

We may be in living history here boys and girls

Don't forget Bobby Carpenter. Mark my words, the kid is going to be the next Ken Norton Jr.! :D

utrunner07

Reaction score
YoMick;1750427 said:
Potential HOF's

Owens
Romo
Witten
Davis
Williams
Newman
Ware
Spencer

I don't see any way Keith Davis ever makes the HOF;)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
YoMick;1750427 said:

Offensive players I believe are 2-1 over defensive players in the HoF.

For CB, you almost MUST have lots of INTs. Newman does not, so with that, it's very unlikely he makes the HoF.

Duane

Reaction score
Owens has the best chance out of the players you listed of making the HOF.

Romo will have to keep his pace up for another eight to ten years and/or win a SB or two.

Witten is very good and still pretty young. I think as soon as Tony Gonzales retires the spot light will shine a lot brighter on him. Like Romo, he'll have to keep this pace up.

Davis will have to overcome the stigma of being a bust and play Larry Allen football for the rest of his career. I don't think he makes it.

Roy started out on fire but he's not an elite safety right now IMO.

I love Newman but he doesn't put up the numbers. He's also almost 30 so unless he has about five years of big INTs I don't think he makes it.

Ware probably has the second best chance of the players on our squad right now. If he can continue to improve and put up big stats that'll lead to Pro Bowls, All Pro teams and maybe a DPY award.

Spencer is way too early to tell.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
YoMick;1750517 said:
Wow... everyone bypassed the point of the thread. LOL

How did anyone bypass the point of the thread? :confused:

You listed players that will go to the HOF and others, including myself, disagree with you. Keith Davis? In the HOF? I'm not going to mention the others!

:eek:

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
5Stars;1750596 said:

You listed players that will go to the HOF and others, including myself, disagree with you. Keith Davis? In the HOF? I'm not going to mention the others!

I think he meant Bigg just in case you were serious.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
5Stars;1750596 said:

I think he means Bigg Davis, not Keith Davis!

kmd24

Reaction score
As a lifetime fan of nearly 36 years, I can remember having this feeling a couple of other times in my lifetime. The first time, I was a kid and didn't understand that the Cowboys weren't always going to contend. It just seemed natural that they would win. That made the 80's quite tough. The team in the mid-90's was just a sight to behold. You just expected them to score every time they had the ball. I'm starting to feel that way again.

When the Cowboys took a slim lead over the Pats earlier this year, I found myself expecting us to win that game. It really looked like we would. I'm sure many of you felt the same.

Just think about that for a moment. It's amazing how the perception of this team has changed over the last 13 months.

There are some eerie parallels to the 1992 season, but Superbowl talk is a bit premature at this point...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
nyc;1750594 said:
It's much more fun to tell people they are wrong! :lmao:

Ahhh.... but you nor I are wrong. Its undetermined. :p:

5Stars;1750596 said:

I used the potential... didnt say they will go. Please read thoroughly

BIGG not Keith.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
kmd24;1750658 said:
As a lifetime fan of nearly 36 years, I can remember having this feeling a couple of other times in my lifetime. The first time, I was a kid and didn't understand that the Cowboys weren't always going to contend. It just seemed natural that they would win. That made the 80's quite tough. The team in the mid-90's was just a sight to behold. You just expected them to score every time they had the ball. I'm starting to feel that way again.

When the Cowboys took a slim lead over the Pats earlier this year, I found myself expecting us to win that game. It really looked like we would. I'm sure many of you felt the same.

Just think about that for a moment. It's amazing how the perception of this team has changed over the last 13 months.

There are some eerie parallels to the 1992 season, but Superbowl talk is a bit premature at this point...

Yes. Like NEXT YEARS CHAMPIONS are here a year early. Yeah, I got that feeling too.