Im more interested in the 2nd round

Hardline

Reaction score
It seems like the Cowboys are so locked in the OL position in the 1st round the discussion is who's that OL going to be. Which one might be there at 24. And who the Cowboys prefer over the ones available. Even if they trade down I believe the pick will still be OL.

I am more interested in who that 2nd round pick could be. RB,DT and LB all seem to be equally discussed.

My top choices are Brooks, Benson, Sweat ,Fiske.

I would even double dip at OL if an unexpected player fell that's not expected to.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
It seems like the Cowboys are so locked in the OL position in the 1st round the discussion is who's that OL going to be. Which one might be there at 24. And who the Cowboys prefer over the ones available. Even if they trade down I believe the pick will still be OL.

I am more interested in who that 2nd round pick could be. RB,DT and LB all seem to be equally discussed.

I would even double dip at OL if an unexpected player fell that's not expected to.
You’ll get a TE or someone injured.

Flamma

Reaction score

Yeah, 2nd round is up in the air. It's hard for me to even guess who we'll take. I can't even totally rule out RB if Brooks is still there. Sweat might be there after telling everyone he was a party animal. He's 6'4 366. That's a bridge pylon!

morasp

Reaction score
I like value so here is is my list w/o any discounts for medicals like double digit surgeries or character concerns like being a party animal
29 Jonathon Brooks
30 T'Vondre Sweat
32 Darius Robinson
39 Troy Franklin
40 Malichi Corley
42 Braden Fiske
44 Jaylen Wright
46 Ricky pearsall
47 Payton Wilson
48 Roman Wilson
49 Kris Jenkins
52 Cooper Beebe
53 Xavier Worthy
54 Jeremiah Trotter
55 Michael Hall Jr

All of them are starter grades and all but the last four are plus starter grades.

If you want someone to come in and make a dent right away, last year round 2 RBs, OL, and WRs turned out pretty well
Steve Avilla started 17 games
Matthew Bergeron started 17 games
Jonathan Mingo 43/418 started 14 games
Joe Tippmann started 14 games
Cody Mauch started 17 games
Jayden Reed 64/793 13 games started
Rashee Rice 79/938
Zach Charbonnet 4.3 Y/A

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

our usual pick in the 2nd round. usually reach for an injured player, or one that has off field issues or some coach wanting a player because they think.
Hill
Schoonmaker
Smith
Lee,
Williams
Joseph
McGovern
Connor Williams
Awuzie
Gregory
Escobar
Crawford

only one we hit on in the past 10 years was Diggs. but even a blind squirle finds a nut now and then.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Old news… teams reading up in front of Dallas in the first round

New news…teams trading up in front of Dallas in round 2

TheDank

Reaction score
If we go OT in R1 then I’m hoping for Frazier in R2.

More than most years I’m really in for a trade down. There’s a few guys I’d stay at 24 for like Fuaga if he falls but otherwise an extra 2 to move down to late 1 is my move if possible.

The LBs Cooper and Wilson, RBs Wright and Benson and OL Beebe, Frazier and maybe Sumaiata in late one or early 2 with a trade down are where the value in this draft is to me.

You may even get lucky and be able to take one of the top C’s in JPJ or Barton in a trade down due to position value and medicals for JPJ.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Probably right.

All I can hope as a BPA guy is that someone like Fautanu / Fuaga falls so we’re aren’t just reaching for need.

Sydla

Reaction score
Can't describe how excited I am to use a premium pick (which I consider a 1st or 2nd round pick) on a TB.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Probably right.

All I can hope as a BPA guy is that someone like Fautanu / Fuaga falls so we’re aren’t just reaching for need.
It seems like it’d be easy since we have about 7-8 needs. But we too often zero in on the most pressing need even if it means reaching.

We will also draft a need a round or two early because they are afraid he will be gone if the wait. Happened with Schoon last year. Locked into taking a TE in the 2nd, there was a run on TE’s, and we picked a guy with a late 3rd-4th round grade.

Afraid that will happen in the 2nd this year with RB.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It seems like it’d be easy since we have about 7-8 needs. But we too often zero in on the most pressing need even if it means reaching.

We will also draft a need a round or two early because they are afraid he will be gone if the wait. Happened with Schoon last year. Locked into taking a TE in the 2nd, there was a run on TE’s, and we picked a guy with a late 3rd-4th round grade.

Afraid that will happen in the 2nd this year with RB.
100% agree…

cnuball21

Reaction score
Can't describe how excited I am to use a premium pick (which I consider a 1st or 2nd round pick) on a TB.
Completely maddening …only thing worse is a RB coming off an ACL so get ready!