I'm not convinced...

Gordon

Reaction score
...that the Cowboys will win this game. I am convinced, however, that they're the better team. I think factors like false starts could put them in bad situations and they could easily lose this game, but I'm sick of hearing, "we will see who the better NFC East team is today." In my eyes, if the Cowboys win, they're clearly the better team. If the Giants win, the teams have the same exact resume, and each team did what they were supposed to do, win at home.. This isn't college football where it's ok to lose early in the season, and you're rewarded for winning later in the season.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, even if the Giants win, don't fret.. The Cowboys will win the NFC East.

Mansta54

Reaction score
SaMaD_KhARoME;1755856 said:
we have a thread like this every game day

nodboy cares

Amen!! I hate these stupid threads and the "I'm nervous", or "I have a bad feeling" thread. It's ridiculous!!! Have these fans really been watching the Boyz this year or what. We are good, in fact, VERY GOOD. The Boyz have given us no reason this year to be SCARED, NERVOUS, or have BAD FEELINGS about their play this year. It's like some fans are afraid to welcome the fact that we're a damn good football team. It's unbelievable!!

jgboys1

Reaction score
Gordon;1755853 said:
...that the Cowboys will win this game. I am convinced, however, that they're the better team. I think factors like false starts could put them in bad situations and they could easily lose this game, but I'm sick of hearing, "we will see who the better NFC East team is today." In my eyes, if the Cowboys win, they're clearly the better team. If the Giants win, the teams have the same exact resume, and each team did what they were supposed to do, win at home.. This isn't college football where it's ok to lose early in the season, and you're rewarded for winning later in the season.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, even if the Giants win, don't fret.. The Cowboys will win the NFC East.
I think you are right, even if we loose to the gnats today I think the gnats lose to the Lions next week and we should beat the skins next week, leaving us in sole position of first place again.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Mansta54;1755867 said:
Amen!! I hate these stupid threads and the "I'm nervous", or "I have a bad feeling" thread. It's ridiculous!!! Have these fans really been watching the Boyz this year or what. We are good, in fact, VERY GOOD. The Boyz have given us no reason this year to be SCARED, NERVOUS, or have BAD FEELINGS about their play this year. It's like some fans are afraid to welcome the fact that we're a damn good football team. It's unbelievable!!
Thanks, I feel better now. NOW LETS CRUSH THE :giants: !!!!!!

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I think you make a very valid point.

I know the minion of morons will be all over you for not declaring Dallas will win by 55 points but shrug it off and put them on ignore.

Win or lose, Dallas is in first place in the NFCE after the game. I don't expect it in this game but every year every team seems to lay at least one egg. Again, I doubt that it's this week but sooner or later Dallas is going to put together a crappy game.

And Dallas holds the tie-breaker over the Giants even if both teams finish 14-2 thanks to their conference loss to Green Bay.

Mansta54

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1755880 said:

I know the minion of morons will be all over you for not declaring Dallas will win by 55 points but shrug it off and put them on ignore.

Win or lose, Dallas is in first place in the NFCE after the game. I don't expect it in this game but every year every team seems to lay at least one egg. Again, I doubt that it's this week but sooner or later Dallas is going to put together a crappy game.

We did already, in Buffalo...

Gordon

Reaction score
Mansta54;1755867 said:

It's not that at all. I'm just recognizing that the Giants arealso pretty good themselves and the crowd is going to be nuts. It's a divisional game on the road against a good team, I'm not blinded enough by those star-shaped glasses to believe we're going to crush them easily. I hope I'm wrong and this is just a walk in the park, but sorry, I'm not buying it.

peplaw06;1755870 said:
Tough crowd.

HA! True..

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Did anyone read his post? It wasn't that he was worried we would lose. It was that even if we do lose, people shouldn't panic because it won't be an absolute sign that they are better. It'll mean we have the same record with each of us having one win against each other.

I mean, we aren't going undefeated the rest of the year. Even if we lose, we'd still be on track for our best record ever.

Gordon

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1755880 said:

And Dallas holds the tie-breaker over the Giants even if both teams finish 14-2 thanks to their conference loss to Green Bay.

Yep, this place is sometimes unreadable because of A.) The guys that think this is the greatest team ever assembled and believes they're absolutely incapable of winning by less than 2 TDs and B.) The chicken littles that surface after every loss and try to convince everybody that this is a an average team. Doesn't seem like there's much room for a fan that try's to see things realistically.

That said, like Mansta said, I think the Cowboys had the game you're referring to vs. Buffalo, and while they will probably have another one, I wouldn't expect it this week. I just think it's possible that *GASP* they may be outplayed by a team that they're better than, but not by much (that should catch some heat :laugh2:).

Gordon

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1755923 said:
Did anyone read his post? It wasn't that he was worried we would lose. It was that even if we do lose, people shouldn't panic because it won't be an absolute sign that they are better. It'll mean we have the same record with each of us having one win against each other.

I mean, we aren't going undefeated the rest of the year. Even if we lose, we'd still be on track for our best record ever.

Hey! You're not supposed to be in here if you have a reading comprehension above a 5th grade level!

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Gordon;1755926 said:
Yep, this place is sometimes unreadable because of A.) The guys that think this is the greatest team ever assembled and believes they're absolutely incapable of winning by less than 2 TDs and B.) The chicken littles that surface after every loss and try to convince everybody that this is a an average team. Doesn't seem like there's much room for a fan that try's to see things realistically.

That said, like Mansta said, I think the Cowboys had the game you're referring to vs. Buffalo, and while they will probably have another one, I wouldn't expect it this week. I just think it's possible that *GASP* they may be outplayed by a team that they're better than, but not by much (that should catch some heat :laugh2:).

I'd argue that Buffalo wasn't that game. Romo had a terrible game, the special teams gave up a TD but the defense might have played their best game of the year. That wasn't a total flat game, that was multiple return TDs making a big win come down to a field goal.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Mansta54;1755867 said:

um we are but this is the NFL, we will lose games, hell every team will lose a few.

Unless your the 72' Dolphins

it could be this game

Undisputed

Reaction score
True, there may come a day or two when the magic of the 2007 Cowboys fails....

There may come a day when that glass bottle of moxie in Romo's cabinet is shattered...

There may even be a day where TO's burnt popcorn leaves us, the Cowboys nation, in TEARS...

BUT IT WILL NOT BE THIS DAY!

aragorn.jpg

:starspin