I'm not nervous anymore

sk0aL

Reaction score
This is the first time that I haven't been anxious before a Cowboy game since the Campo era, because back then there was nothing to get excited about. Usually I can't eat all day until after the game, I pace my living room endlessly before kickoff, and smoke about a pack of cigarettes over the course of the game.

But today that feeling has left me. I guess it's because I know deep down that the season has entered an experimental phase, and as much as we'd all like to believe we have a chance the playoffs are a stretch at this point. I'm all over the Romo bandwagon and pray to God he excels, but this game tonight will determine the foreseeable future for the Dallas Cowboys and where we are heading.

I hope my lack of anxiety isn't a bad omen.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I'm never nervous before games we're supposed to lose. If we win, it's a pleasant surprise. The Houston game was verrry aggravating.

Reaction score
Dude you need to ease up, Cowboys aren't putting any food on my table so the only nervousness I feel is looking at my stocks and if there's a bad day on the market....

Simply put it's ONLY A GAME...

lyrclcipha12

Reaction score
i hate the whole we have entered an experimental phase attitude. we have a good enough team to make the playoffs and in my opinion and parcells opinion we now have a better qb for this team behind center. if anything id say we have a better shot at the playoffs than we did entering the season.

anyways, im also not as nervous as usual because with bledsoe behind center, the only thing to be nervous about was winning or losing because developing a potential franchise qb didnt matter. now it feels a lot better to root for a win and also root for our qb to develop into a mature nfl quarterback. the game for me now has two purposes.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Jimz31;1125276 said:
With a user name like Skoal, you smoke?

:lmao:

That's what I was going to post! Stop reading my mind...!!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
See, I'm just the opposite. This whole season I haven't gotten nervous before the games mainly because I knew it was a coin toss each week.

This week, I'm nervous and excited. I'm really hoping Romo comes in and has a great game making plays like an elite quarterback. I am nervous that he may have a really bad game and turn the ball over several times.

In all though, I am excited because this is going to be the best game of the year for me :) Win or lose, it will just be fun to watch.

My only hope is that the entire team plays with emotion for the full 60 minutes of the game.

-Reality

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1125313 said:
Dude you need to ease up, Cowboys aren't putting any food on my table so the only nervousness I feel is looking at my stocks and if there's a bad day on the market....

Simply put it's ONLY A GAME...

YOu must be the Anti-Christ

:D

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
sk0aL;1125182 said:
This is the first time that I haven't been anxious before a Cowboy game since the Campo era, because back then there was nothing to get excited about. Usually I can't eat all day until after the game, I pace my living room endlessly before kickoff, and smoke about a pack of cigarettes over the course of the game.

But today that feeling has left me. I guess it's because I know deep down that the season has entered an experimental phase, and as much as we'd all like to believe we have a chance the playoffs are a stretch at this point. I'm all over the Romo bandwagon and pray to God he excels, but this game tonight will determine the foreseeable future for the Dallas Cowboys and where we are heading.

I hope my lack of anxiety isn't a bad omen.

I feel the same way. I am not nervous at all. I usually get nervous about the games but not tonight.

Nothing to play for, nothing to lose. I guess I felt like this a little bit last year during the last game when we were mathmatically eliminated.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Reality;1125349 said:
See, I'm just the opposite. This whole season I haven't gotten nervous before the games mainly because I knew it was a coin toss each week.

This week, I'm nervous and excited. I'm really hoping Romo comes in and has a great game making plays like an elite quarterback. I am nervous that he may have a really bad game and turn the ball over several times.

In all though, I am excited because this is going to be the best game of the year for me :) Win or lose, it will just be fun to watch.

My only hope is that the entire team plays with emotion for the full 60 minutes of the game.

-Reality

I'm right there with ya. This is going to be a milestone in Cowboys history.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Reality;1125349 said:

-Reality

You could have not stated the way I feel any better then what you posted!

That is exactely how I feel, and that is exactely what I want to see also...

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
We all knew what to expect from Bledsoe but Tony R brings The "UNKNOWN", a " new QB chapter" in Cowboy Lore. will he follow in the footsteps of Meredith, Staubach, Aikman??? or will he go down the path of a Jerry Rhome, Steve Pelluer or a Gary Hogeboom?????? To me that is exciting.

The anticipation is becoming very difficult to handle. :eek:

Hoov

Reaction score
Reality;1125349 said:

-Reality

true, im expecting cowboys football to be fun and exciting again. it was so predicatble and so frustarting watching the same thing over and over again.

Apluz

Reaction score
Man i'm nervous big time we need this win bad. Last year about this time I went out to Costco and brought a case of tumbs ( 12 bottles ) right now I'm down to my last 2.

GO COWBOYS!!! :starspin

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Cbz40;1125386 said:
We all knew what to expect from Bledsoe but Tony R brings The "UNKNOWN", a " new QB chapter" in Cowboy Lore. will he follow in the footsteps of Meredith, Staubach, Aikman??? or will he go down the path of a Jerry Rhome, Steve Pelluer or a Gary Hogeboom?????? To me that is exciting.

The anticipation is becoming very difficult to handle. :eek:

T.O. will ruin him as a QB...!

Romo should have never dated his sister...bad move on Romo's part...

;)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
5Stars;1125451 said:
T.O. will ruin him as a QB...!

Romo should have never dated his sister...bad move on Romo's part...

;)

:lmao2: He's a man of steele noth will phase him. :rolleyes:

NorTex

Reaction score
Wow, how would some of you nervous nellies handle watching the Cowboys of the 70's, who were always playing big games...losing as many as they won.

This is gravy compared to the good old days when we played in the post season every year.

tunahelper

Reaction score
I am nervous and hoping Romo shows up big!
I think he pulls it out tonight 27-21!