I'm Not Worried About DaRon Bland

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The Seahawks game was a valuable opportunity to teach a player who's already good.

And, Bland had the most clutch play of the game with his interception in spite of getting beaten so much by the Seahawks passing game. I thought maybe the defense would be better. But I didn't realize how good the Seattle WRs are, and they are very good.

Plus, the Seahawks ran the ball well, too. The teams that give Dallas' defense the most problems are the teams that can run the ball and pass. Goes for any team. But the Cowboys really struggle when a team can run and pass the ball.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Seahawks game was a valuable opportunity to teach a player who's already good.

And, Bland had the most clutch play of the game with his interception in spite of getting beaten so much by the Seahawks passing game. I thought maybe the defense would be better. But I didn't realize how good the Seattle WRs are, and they are very good.

Plus, the Seahawks ran the ball well, too. The teams that give Dallas' defense the most problems are the teams that can run the ball and pass. Goes for any team. But the Cowboys really struggle when a team can run and pass the ball.
Can be closely debated if it was Bland or Lewis with the clutch play

plymkr

Reaction score

I’m not worried about him because it’s unrealistic to think he’ll be invincible. What excites me more than anything is after getting abused all game he stepped up and got an interception. That’s what you want to see from a DB. A very short memory. And we won so I would have been upset with Bland equally with everyone else on the team.

You got to like what we saw in Bland and Ferguson. They didn’t back down, even when things were going bad. I guess the whole team stood up and pulled it out when past Cowboys teams would have lost that game.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Why should we be worried about Bland? :huh:
There was a thread about Kearse not playing well, and several were blaming bland for getting beaten. It's like they know a corner who doesn't ever get beaten.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Bland did not make the most clutch play of the game, he was abided so much that he finally got the opportunity to get a pick since they threw about 29 passes his way.

The only reason they had any success running is because of what Bland was giving up in the pass game.

Seahawks wr’s have not abused anybody else this season…. So not really that good.

I love Bland but you can’t sugar coat the last two weeks in any way-it was BAD!!! It does not bode well going forward.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not worried about Bland. Nor am I worried about Kearse.

Let’s see what happens on the next 5 games. I believe 3 games in 12 days. As well Seattle changed up the offense some. Had more to do with it than just these players becoming bad all of a sudden.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Bland did not make the most clutch play of the game, he was abided so much that he finally got the opportunity to get a pick since they threw about 29 passes his way.

The only reason they had any success running is because of what Bland was giving up in the pass game.

Seahawks wr’s have not abused anybody else this season…. So not really that good.

I love Bland but you can’t sugar coat the last two weeks in any way-it was BAD!!! It does not bode well going forward.
If Seattle had gone up right there, no telling how the game ends. Its not like this was a blowout game. That was a clutch play, and swung momentum back to us just long enough to pull it off in 4 quarters.

We won like the Eagles win this year.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not worried about him at all. Bad game against a WR that was a bad man to man match-up for him on a good day, and as it's been pointed out ad nauseum by myself and others, offenses definitely had an advantage over the defenses in this one after 3 games in 12 days. He's fine.

pansophy

Reaction score
Bland had a awful game.

Hes had an incredible 2 years.

If you’re panicking then you got issues. He’s only going to get better.
Metcalf is fast and a beast. Bland is 4 inches shorter. Better matchup for Diggs and there is a reason they swapped him off him.