IMO, Will Fuller could prove to be the more productive WR signing

_sturt_

Reaction score
(Ordinarily, it's been the case here that mods have had the courtesy to alert me if they've moved a thread I began to another forum. Not having seen that, I'm assuming there must have been some glitch that caused this thread to implode.)

The previous poster had indicated Will Fuller is retired, and offered as evidence of that his search on NFL.com.

While that was nice work... there's been no public announcement of that, and the lack of anything by the player or his agent or by any news source has left most observers unconvinced.

And it's not really clear that it's relevant anyhow, since he is a free agent and apparently could un-retire at the drop of a (Landry) hat.

There does remain... as I'm sure you know since you researched it to this degree... a lot of reporters who believe he's on the market. And at 28 years old, why not.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Does anyone read a post anymore?

I said that from the start of my previous post. But you can't explain away the rest, either.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Does anyone read a post anymore?

I said that from the start of my previous post. But you can't explain away the rest, either.

There's nothing to explain. "A lot of reporters"? Who? Cite one who is currently saying that, please.

Players can sit out a year without filing retirement papers. They file them to be eligible for retirement benefits afforded to vested players. As you can see (link), he's done so.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Can't vouch for this site's reporting... but this was fairly recent...

_sturt_

Reaction score
There's nothing to explain.

No. There is.

Would be highly unusual for a player of Will Fuller's caliber to retire, without a single NFL reporter having written about it or talked about it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No. There is.

Would be highly unusual for a player of Will Fuller's caliber to retire, without a single NFL reporter having written about it or talked about it.

:facepalm: He's listed as a retired player on the NFL's website. Unlike Adam Schefter, it's actually an official source.

There typically isn't a lot of media fanfare when a guy who never so much as made a Pro Bowl retires after catching 4 passes in his final season.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I've acknowledged twice now the NFL.com listing.

You're welcome to your opinion of whether Will Fuller deserved someone.... anyone... any one at all... reporting that he'd retired.

I remain persuaded that there's a reason why there's a lack of any such reporting, but I'm not the boss of you, of course.

But here's the thing.... Tom Brady called to say, regardless, "it's not really clear that it's relevant anyhow, since he is a free agent and apparently could un-retire at the drop of a (Landry) hat." There you have it. Verbatim, just exactly what I said. Thank you, Tom.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I've acknowledged twice now the NFL.com listing.

You're welcome to your opinion of whether Will Fuller deserved someone.... anyone... any one at all... reporting that he'd retired.

I remain persuaded that there's a reason why there's a lack of any such reporting, but I'm not the boss of you, of course.

But here's the thing.... Tom Brady called to say, regardless, "it's not really clear that it's relevant anyhow, since he is a free agent and apparently could un-retire at the drop of a (Landry) hat." There you have it. Verbatim, just exactly what I said. Thank you, Tom.

So you're using Tom Brady to support your OMG-Will-Fuller (who was never that good in the first place) could unretire and play for the Cowboys.

First off, Brady never formally retired (unlike Will Fuller). Second, Will Fuller sucked. Get over whatever you thought of him coming out of college.