In Defense of Jerry Jones

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
So, let me get this straight- the media majority is reporting Turner will get the HC spot and we're supposed to assume that their reports are based on accurate, leaked intel? Isn't this the same group that last week all but guaranteed Parcells was coming back?

I've been out of town on business this week and I'm still catching up on the articles but I don't see why JJT and so many others in the media are flaming Jerry for hiring Garrett. To me, the unusual JG hire is more about the rapidly shrinking options in the NFL coaching landscape that about Jones trying to run the team again.

Everyone talks about the gamble Jerry made signing T.O.- but what about the gamble Jerry took hiring a coach in Parcells who came in admitting he approached the gig as a year-to-year? The timing of Parcells' departure left the Cowboys in a bind to assemble a staff for whomever they hire to coach the team.

Face it- we're in a tough spot. Sounds like Jerry exploited Miami's own internal termoil and landed a highly-regarded young coach with ties to our glory years, without closing out other options. To me, that is the opposite of desperation...

If Turner is indeed Jerry's preference for HC, then he'll appreciate that Jones proactive hired his close friend to the staff.

If Phillips is the guy, Our 3-4 and Ware will continue to develop, but I'm relieved that we've got someone like JG to coach the offense and develop Romo.

I personally want Rivera badly, but it would simply be reckless to sit on our hands until Feb 5 with no guarantees.

JJT is an ***-hat: I'm cutting our owner some slack and I'm grateful that the Cowboys still have enough prestige to lure a good young coach (and link to our glory years) under such difficult circumstances.