Video: In honor and appreciation of Dez

erod

Reaction score
No Cowboy ever caught it in traffic like Dez. While I support the decision given the current climate, I recognize what truly made Dez special here. This is a fun watch.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Those passes from Romo to Dez were pure butter. If Dak could have thrown more passes like that to Dez, maybe his playmaking abilities and stats wouldn’t have dropped off so much.

PS. I love Romo, Dez, and Dak before people start bashing.

Zman5

Reaction score
Watching this, two things come to my mind.

1. Dez used to have some wheels. Watching him run after the catch, he was so much faster before the injuries.
2. It pisses me off that these two special player's talent was wasted by playing for a HC in training. They would have played in and won more playoff games had they played for a competent HC and GM.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If he hooks up with Rodgers, Brees, or Brady (shudder), he could still have more brilliance to come.
Yep.. if Dez hooks up with any prolific passing QB and good team his chances of raising the Lombardi will probably be before us again.

Dez has the ability in the right situation if he can remain healthy to be in the Hall some day.

The Natural

Reaction score
It will be a long time before a comparable talent comes through here. If you're past the half century mark I hope you enjoyed it because you probably wont see it again.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Nice Romo clip.

I had forgot that Dez had some speed back in the day. Good receiver just not the fairy tale ending.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I will a!ways love Dez Bryant. He wasn't the biggest receiver to have played the game but NOBODY ever fought more fiercely for that extra bit of real estate than Dez. It was obvious from his first plays as a rookie that Dez absolutely HATED even the idea that he would be tackled short of the end zone - much less the sticks. Just a BALLER in every sense of the word.

As Mr. Spock often said, 'Be well and prosper.' All blessings upon you 88.

CapnB

Reaction score
Dez did things in a cowboys uniform that I had never seen in my 40+ years of watching Cowboys football. He was a unique, gifted, player.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
No Cowboy ever caught it in traffic like Dez. While I support the decision given the current climate, I recognize what truly made Dez special here. This is a fun watch.

Notice one common trend in all of those? Tony throwing the ball. A receiver needs a QB who knows their strengths. Amazing how dez all of a sudden disappeared with Dak under center

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dez is special. Just put him on destroy mode and watch him operate. That being said, Romo fed him some nice passes. Dez was definitely drafted then extended for Romo.

rags747

Reaction score
Des showed some wheels in that vid and Romo what can I say...I just love the guy as a QB. A freaking crying shame we did not get a ring with that dude.

erod

Reaction score
Notice one common trend in all of those? Tony throwing the ball. A receiver needs a QB who knows their strengths. Amazing how dez all of a sudden disappeared with Dak under center
Tony knew exactly how to throw to Dez.

Dez can go up like nobody for those throws.

CWR

Reaction score
Geez Romo was a damn gun slinger back there and Dez was a man among boys. As awesome as it is to watch that its also heart breaking. Both these guys left before I was ready. I understood in both cases but man its still tough.

Verdict

Reaction score
No matter your opinion on Dez today, there's no denying he was a really good player for the Cowboys. He was fun and amazing to watch many times throughout his years here.

Yes. He was a very good player for us for multiple years. He was never top 5 or top 10 but he was good around the goal line for a period with Romo.