In honor of Aikman's HOF enshrinement

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Speaking of Aikman's Enshrinment...

I bought tickets about 3 months ago and was going to go but now I have to go to a family reunion...:mad:

I payed $50 for two...I'll sell them both for $25.

PM me if interested.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Troy Aikman= Class, Toughness, Passion and uncanny Accuracy...He is a legend and I am glad I got to watch him play his entire career. Thanks Troy...you gave me a lot to look forward to every Sunday....

gbrittain

Reaction score
Seeing those videos makes me wonder what Troy might have been able to accomplish in his career if he had only been able to throw the long ball.:rolleyes:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Since the HOF articles are starting to fly, thought I'd bump this and let ya relive the memories. Or if you're a new fan, watch the last great living legend to quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Seeing those videos makes me wonder what Troy might have been able to accomplish in his career if he had only been able to throw the long ball.:rolleyes:

He sure does make that long one to Rocket to win the game look easy. And that was when he was starting to have back problems!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
gbrittain said:

To be fair, the thing about Aikman and long ball is being bit overblown. But it is a fact, that he wasn't the pin point accurate guy he was on those long balls as he was on his short to intermediate throws.

I think even Aikman said himself, that his ability to throw those short to mid range balls so accurately is probably the reason he wasn't deadly accurate on long bombs.

But by no means, he was any less of deep ball thrower. I guess when you see troy hit pretty much recievers right between the numbers most of the time, you get spoiled by it.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
He sure does make that long one to Rocket to win the game look easy. And that was when he was starting to have back problems!

that pass was beautiful,Rocket had his man BEAT by 10 to 11 yards easy!!

gbrittain

Reaction score
BigDDynasty said:
he did throw the long ball!

BTW I was being sarcastic. I do not know for sure if you picked up on that or not.

Aikman could indeed throw the long ball, Aikman was a complete QB. If any one doubts Aikman could throw the long ball or not was obviously not paying attention during the 90s.

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
Troy was the most accurate short to intermediate passer I have ever seen...he wasnt the best long ball thrower but you cant be the best at everything..

roy31

Reaction score
Did any of you see the pre game of his last game he played? They played his highlights to Good riddance by Greenday .I know the title sounds bad but it was really great .I think of that every time I hear that song . Do any of you know if that clip is on the internet any where

rcaldw

Reaction score
That is an imposter, couldn't be Aikman since THIS QB hit 5 recievers in stride on the long ball in the first video. Two of them in the same game. Troy couldn't do that. ;)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I just watched the video again and noticed it was signed by two fellas who are members of the zone (jdsmith & theebs). Hope you fellas make some more Aikman highlights. Man doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As some have said before this post, I had the privilege of watching Troy every Sunday (when televised) and also had the chance to watch him play in person (96 vs. Falcons).

We take soooo much for granted. I'd take him over any QB today, no questions asked.

jay cee

Reaction score
Come on guys, saying Aikman was not that good at throwing the deep ball, is like saying Halle Berry would be sexier if she was another 2-3 inches taller.

She's still sexy as hell, and Aikman was still a heck of a QB.

That does not mean I don't remember him sailing the ball out of bounds almost everytime Irvin beat his man with the out and up double move, or Harper waiting on one of his post patterns like a return man fielding a punt. When Aikman didn't overthrow him.

That's not knocking Aikman, that's just stating the facts as we see them. He was not that adept at going deep. But I would love to have a young healthy Aikman back with the Cowboys right now.

I just hope that Jones would have enough sense to not make him the highest paid player in the league again.

rcaldw

Reaction score
jay cee said:
Come on guys, saying Aikman was not that good at throwing the deep ball, is like saying Halle Berry would be sexier if she was another 2-3 inches taller.

She's still sexy as hell, and Aikman was still a heck of a QB.

That does not mean I don't remember him sailing the ball out of bounds almost everytime Irvin beat his man with the out and up double move, or Harper waiting on one of his post patterns like a return man fielding a punt. When Aikman didn't overthrow him.

That's not knocking Aikman, that's just stating the facts as we see them. He was not that adept at going deep. But I would love to have a young healthy Aikman back with the Cowboys right now.

I just hope that Jones would have enough sense to not make him the highest paid player in the league again.

If he could have Troy Aikman in his prime he would make him the highest paid player in the league in a heart beat and would be the most stupid man in the world if he didn't.