In the end Jerry didn't want to lose his media exposure. He doesn't want a coach

clff15701

Reaction score
Overshadowing him and cutting him out of the daily activities of a coaching staff. He’s 81 and cares more about his media presence than winning a Super Bowl. If you think about it the cowboys function more as a media outlet. Think of Jerry as another media personality like Skip Bayless, Shannon Sharpe, or any other retired player that has their own show.

Aftershock

Reaction score
I thought it's because McCarthy is an excellent coach and Dak is one of the GOATs. You heard it from Mike McCarthy himself - we have a Championship roster, we just haven't won yet.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I bash Jerry just as much as anyone these days. It's almost our responsibility as a Cowboys fans in 21st century. LOL

But you're wrong on this one. Go check out Aikman's interview where he talks about this.

He brings up a great point. Belichick wouldn't want Jerry to concede this type of control like Parcells. Last thing Belichick wants IS an interview. He'll be more than happy to pass it to the GM/Owner.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overshadowing him and cutting him out of the daily activities of a coaching staff. He’s 81 and cares more about his media presence than winning a Super Bowl. If you think about it the cowboys function more as a media outlet. Think of Jerry as another media personality like Skip Bayless, Shannon Sharpe, or any other retired player that has their own show.
No one and I mean NO ONE is coming between Jerry and his favorite Toy...................................
NO ONE!!
May the misery continue............