In the long run, a suspension for PacMan now would be best

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Goodell is in a corner. And PacMan put him there.

I think that, soon this week, we'll hear of a two-game suspension for PacMan.
And that will give PacMan one final chance to go straight, PR-wise.

To not give PacMan a slap on the wrist would be tantamount to OK-ing his "horsing around" and set him up to believe that similar incidents are OK.

No, a suspension right now is the best thing for PacMan if not for the Cowboys.
The Commish has set a standard and he will stick with it. Zero tolerance.

And PacMan should feel lucky it will only be a 1 or 2-week suspension.

Do we agree?

Boysboy

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2338341 said:

I think that, momentarily, we'll hear of a two-game suspension for PacMan.

To not give PacMan a slap on the wrist would be tantamount to OK-ing his "horsing around" and set him up to believe that similar incidents are OK.

Do we agree?

I agree, 1-2 weeks will serve him well.

But to those naysayers who think we'll be better off w/ 2 rookies + Alan Ball...GOOD LUCK!

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
But in doing that, he is going back on his, "this is your last chance" statement so at least by ignoring it, he can say that the incident was not worth a look.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2338341 said:

I think that, momentarily, we'll hear of a two-game suspension for PacMan.

Do we agree?

That would be the best case situation, I believe, for satisfying all sides the best he can. Jones would still get one more chance, after that, to go straight (Rather a person believes he deserves yet another chance is a different matter), Jerry will get his picks back from the Titans (So a win there for the Cowboys) and the Cowboys won't lose him for the whole year, another win for the Cowboys.

Even at that you'll still see plenty who aren't happy, particually fans of other teams who believe he's getting off easy cause he's a Cowboy.

odog422

Reaction score
Suspend him Goodell. If not lifetime, then rest of the year.

No matter what Goodell does, I want Jerry to cut him and bring a little bit of honor back to the Star.

Absolutely I was against this signing because first and foremost, nothing I heard from Adam Jones indicated he changed. He sounded like a guy saying, "well, I'll do what I have to, but only for now..." In other words, to get reinstated.

No comment on his book sense, but he's just stupid. A stupid guy that never has and never will get it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
odog422;2338380 said:
Suspend him Goodell. If not lifetime, then rest of the year.

No matter what Goodell does, I want Jerry to cut him and bring a little bit of honor back to the Star.

Absolutely I was against this signing because first and foremost, nothing I heard from Adam Jones indicated he changed. He sounded like a guy saying, "well, I'll do what I have to, but only for now..." In other words, to get reinstated.

No comment on his book sense, but he's just stupid. A stupid guy that never has and never will get it.

I admire your wanting to protect the honor of the star.
But honor went out the door a long, long time ago.
I point to characters such as Hollywood Henderson, Septien, Goodson, the Kitchen, da killah (bullet stopper), ad nauseum.

I became a happier football fan when I reconciled with the fact that the NFL is a collection of good guys and bad guys. It's about money and not necessarily making the fan happy.
There are few choirboys in the NFL because the nature of the business makes them be aggressive, cutthroat and competitive. At all costs.

But, it would be nice for the NFL to return to a semblance of honor as exemplified by the Staubachs, Zacks, and Calvin Hills of the world.

fortdick

Reaction score
Lifetime suspension. Within a year he will be in jail facing a prison term.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Does anyone know if he gets suspended whether he can still practice with the team or does he have to stay away from the facilities.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
He's been suspended indefinitly. 4 games minimum. I called at least 4 games. Zero tolerance is zero tolerance.