In the Shocking, but means nothing, category

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Today's newspaper showing point spreads:

Tennessee favored by 11 points over Detroit .... but

Dallas favored by 12.5 over Seattle !!!

We were one slip-up last week from having a game featuring two perfect records in Detroit...one team without a loss and one team without a victory.

How in hell does Dallas end up bigger favorites than Tennessee? And don't give me the 3 point home field thing...it's crazy.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne motley;2445637 said:
Today's newspaper showing point spreads:

Tennessee favored by 11 points over Detroit .... but

Dallas favored by 12.5 over Seattle !!!

We were one slip-up last week from having a game featuring two perfect records in Detroit...one team without a loss and one team without a victory.

How in hell does Dallas end up bigger favorites than Tennessee? And don't give me the 3 point home field thing...it's crazy.

Because the Titans will run, run, run and use up the clock. Dallas can lay up a LOT more points than the Titans. Teams have been putting 8 in the box regularly against the Titans lately forcing them to throw and it's been fairly effective.

I can see Dallas winning 35-10....

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
makes no sense

Detroit is terrible but at least Seattle has memory of winning some games

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Sarge;2445640 said:
Because the Titans will run, run, run and use up the clock. Dallas can lay up a LOT more points than the Titans. Teams have been putting 8 in the box regularly against the Titans lately forcing them to throw and it's been fairly effective.

I can see Dallas winning 35-10....

Wow...I like the score you are serving, Sarge. A victory that convincing, against anyone, would really fire up the fan base.

I guess I'm still cautiously optimistic in thinking we've turned the corner. I really want that big, dominant win today that has us running the ball at the end like we did in Washington. Follow that up with a win in Pittsburgh, and I'll actually relax a little and feel confident of punching our wild card ticket to the playoffs.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
An afterthought on Charles Haley....I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I don't see how he isn't in...I really don't. He was the most consistent pass rusher I ever saw in Dallas, and teams tried like crazy to run on him, but he was just a baller. I don't see our team winning those SBs without him.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
It does make sense.
Dallas certainly has an excellent chance at a double-digit win. A road team on a very short week does have a disadvantage so the Titans aren't 14 point favorites, but they're still favored by quite a bit. I think both favorites have an excellent chance of covering.

lkelly

Reaction score
If you choose to ignore home field advantage when it comes to setting lines, that's up to you. The people who bet and set the lines don't ignore it.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne motley;2445660 said:
An afterthought on Charles Haley....I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I don't see how he isn't in...I really don't. He was the most consistent pass rusher I ever saw in Dallas, and teams tried like crazy to run on him, but he was just a baller. I don't see our team winning those SBs without him.

I agree wholeheartedly Wayno. Charles was the final piece and a HUGE piece. No one else has 5 rings either. Over 100 sacks, 5 rings....he's got go in.

One thing Charles brought on top of everything else was toughness and attitude. He was a crazy SOB.

The only thing (in my book) wrong with Charles Haley was that he wasn't a Cowboy the whole ride.

Have a great Thanksgiving Wayno.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne motley;2445655 said:
Wow...I like the score you are serving, Sarge. A victory that convincing, against anyone, would really fire up the fan base.

I guess I'm still cautiously optimistic in thinking we've turned the corner. I really want that big, dominant win today that has us running the ball at the end like we did in Washington. Follow that up with a win in Pittsburgh, and I'll actually relax a little and feel confident of punching our wild card ticket to the playoffs.

I don't usually get really good vibes before games, especially with this group, but I do today. I think they are going to put an asswoopin' on 'em today. I really do. I also think RW will have a good day. We'll see.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2445641 said:
makes no sense

Detroit is terrible but at least Seattle has memory of winning some games

You are right. Seattle is not that bad. They had close games the last three weeks.

I hope for a blowout but i smell a close game.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TwentyOne;2445722 said:
You are right. Seattle is not that bad. They had close games the last three weeks.

I hope for a blowout but i smell a close game.

Seattle ranks almost DEAD LAST in pass defense giving up 260 yards passing per game. Only SD is worse. FWIW.............