Incredible Stat (re: the 49ers)

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Since Dak became Quarterback, Cowboys are 7-1 against Cousins, 4-0 against Stafford, 1-0 against Burrow. Combined 14-1 against those 3. There's domination, and then there's DOMINATION.

However..... Burrow, Stafford, and Cousins all play well against the Niners. Cousins humbled them badly this year. Make any excuses you want, but he was navigating his way thru their defense without Jefferson. Jordan Addison made Charvarious Ward look bad. Cousins also played them in 2021 and lost 26-34.... but he once again wasn't the issue. If Dalvin Cook didn't fumble in the 4th.

Burrow was 28-32 against them this year. in 2021 he was 25/34 for 348 yards and 2 TDs in an OT loss.

Stafford beat them in 2021 in the NFC Championship game (the important game), 2022 has to be thrown out because Rams were terrible. This year he was 34/55 for 307 yards. The fact he needed to throw that much indicated that he wasn't the issue, and yet the Rams still barely lost even while relying solely on the QB the entire game.

What's my point? What's so invincible about the Niners if QBs that Cowboys own constantly play well enough to win against them? I know the Niners own us, but it's just hard to figure out why exactly we're not able to find any answers against them.

Verdict

Reaction score
Since Dak became Quarterback, Cowboys are 7-1 against Cousins, 4-0 against Stafford, 1-0 against Burrow. Combined 14-1 against those 3. There's domination, and then there's DOMINATION.

However..... Burrow, Stafford, and Cousins all play well against the Niners. Cousins humbled them badly this year. Make any excuses you want, but he was navigating his way thru their defense without Jefferson. Jordan Addison made Charvarious Ward look bad. Cousins also played them in 2021 and lost 26-34.... but he once again wasn't the issue. If Dalvin Cook didn't fumble in the 4th.

Burrow was 28-32 against them this year. in 2021 he was 25/34 for 348 yards and 2 TDs in an OT loss.

Stafford beat them in 2021 in the NFC Championship game (the important game), 2022 has to be thrown out because Rams were terrible. This year he was 34/55 for 307 yards. The fact he needed to throw that much indicated that he wasn't the issue, and yet the Rams still barely lost even while relying solely on the QB the entire game.

What's my point? What's so invincible about the Niners if QBs that Cowboys own constantly play well enough to win against them? I know the Niners own us, but it's just hard to figure out why exactly we're not able to find any answers against them.
SF should have a harder time beating division foes due to familiarity and hatred.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
It’s part mental part talent. The niners are a very good team, so is Dallas but they have the mental advantage and as your stats point out, that perpetuates more dominance.

Kwyn

Reaction score

Yeah, too bad none of those guys are in the mix for our playoff run.

Bagman

Reaction score

Its because we play scared against them. Short passes, safe gut runs and limited pass options DO NOT beat SF. You have to empty both barrels on them and ATTACK DOWNFIELD. Make them run and defend speed. Cooks and Turpin should be used regularly to back their safeties away from the LOS. And just as important, Dak cannot play scared, and must use his legs A LOT. Just let it rip and don't fear mistakes. We're underdogs and everyone expects us to get blown out.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
We were running the Texas Toast offense against them of course it looked bad. It would be interesting to see what the offense now would do against them.

Blitzen

Reaction score

Of course the Burrow game, Dak did not play. But from what I’ve noticed, their defense is susceptible to high end passing attack with a passer that is willing and able to slip away for some quick easy yards when they are in zone coverage.

The passer must dissect them at times and throw extremely accurately all over the field-especially deep routes outside the numbers and seam routes. A passer that constantly attacks fearlessly can take them down. Watch the game KC played versus them in SF last year.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
In the sport of boxing, there is an old saying:"Styles make fights". The 49ers are known for being PHYSICAL, but they are also FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND and WELL DISCIPLINED. They rarely turnover the football, and they rarely get called for a bunch of penalties. In essence, the 49ers don't beat themselves {Although their game against the Browns was definitely a self-inflicted loss, which is out of character for them}. To beat them you have to: 1). match their PHYSICALITY., 2). Don't turnover the football., 3). Be disciplined - STOP GETTING DUMB PENALTIES. Those three details are what cost us against them in the playoffs 2 straight years. **It's not just about Dak, it's about TEAM. Dak is 2-1 against them in the regular season, but 0-2 in the playoffs. Cut down on the turnovers, cut down on the penalties and we beat this damn team.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

All I care about is whether Dak and co. beat the Niners.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Rock, paper scissors of schemes.
The Cowboys have the best man to man offense in football.
They struggle with Zone.
The 49ers have the best Zone defense in football.
They bracket cover CeeDee and live with the rest.

Defensively, the 49ers offense wants to use our speed against us. Get their quick guys out in space by moving us in the opposite direction.

The 49ers have built a very robust roster with a ton of skill and physicality.