Twitter: Injury updates: Tony Pollard to return to practice; Tyron will not

blueblood70

Reaction score
they can keep saying zeke good but hes liming so what EXACTLY is this injury that can be played on without getting further injured and heals without time off? curious they won't be specific about it and well, id like to know.

the only injury that makes sense is bone bruise or deep tissue knee bruise that was retaining fluids type injury. if its meniscus or other sprains or tears that not getting better without rest..Hes about 70% you can tell and pollard will need to fight pain that not healing Until the offseason so a shoe insert and pain management, is it.

so why not use ITO and Clements as the primary's soon..maybe the last 2 games i am sitting both of them..should have the east locked up and backups who are halthy would betetr anyway.

Carson

Reaction score
I would IR Tyron and call up somebody. We know he’s not playing until the playoffs regardless of what they say to the media.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I would IR Tyron and call up somebody. We know he’s not playing until the playoffs regardless of what they say to the media.
I think they'll have him rest this week, play the SNF game against Washingon + Arizona game and then if the team isn't in position for a bye in week 18 rest him along with most the starters that week

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they can keep saying zeke good but hes liming so what EXACTLY is this injury that can be played on without getting further injured and heals without time off? curious they won't be specific about it and well, id like to know.

the only injury that makes sense is bone bruise or deep tissue knee bruise that was retaining fluids type injury. if its meniscus or other sprains or tears that not getting better without rest..Hes about 70% you can tell and pollard will need to fight pain that not healing Until the offseason so a shoe insert and pain management, is it.

so why not use ITO and Clements as the primary's soon..maybe the last 2 games i am sitting both of them..should have the east locked up and backups who are halthy would betetr anyway.

It could be one of those injuries that will not get worse playing. Like Michael Irvin had an injury with his leg, some type of small muscle tear, I can't remember what it was called. It was in his Quad I think. They said it would not get worse, and would need the off season to fully heal. But could still play on it.

Zeke and Pollard's lack of production goes beyond his knee. Has more to do with the OL and play calling.
However I would not mind he get a game off to rest it before the playoffs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I really want Tony back, but just not too soon! I'd rather he miss this game, than the rest of the season because he reinjured it.

Exactly…

I think it’s 1 of 2 things..

1. The injury to Pollards foot isn’t as bad as we thought.

Or

2. The team is being wreckless and not doing what’s best for his recovery.

I tend to believe it’s 1 but after I’ve seen what they have done with Zeke it could definitely be #2.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It could be one of those injuries that will not get worse playing. Like Michael Irvin had an injury with his leg, some type of small muscle tear, I can't remember what it was called. It was in his Quad I think. They said it would not get worse, and would need the off season to fully heal. But could still play on it.

Zeke and Pollard's lack of production goes beyond his knee. Has more to do with the OL and play calling.
However I would not mind he get a game off to rest it before the playoffs.
i know this not blaming them just want them as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

VABoyz

Reaction score
I don’t think he can re-injure it… that sucker is torn. I think it’s a matter of pain tolerance.

THIS is exactly the issue. i've been there. they will fit him for a special shoe and or insert to try to control the pain on jumps and plants and turns. that pain can shoot through like a lightning bolt sometimes.it wont heal completely this season so if he plays he'll just be toughing it out.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

They've said it's a bone bruise....just pain, nothing structural. Not an injury, just pain..you can play with pain, not with an injury....

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
THIS is exactly the issue. i've been there. they will fit him for a special shoe and or insert to try to control the pain on jumps and plants and turns. that pain can shoot through like a lightning bolt sometimes.it wont heal completely this season so if he plays he'll just be toughing it out.

Maybe a visit to Dr Needles before a game as well? Much prefer Dr Needles over Dr Jelly-Fingers lol

CoachD

Reaction score
Just rest the guy and get him plenty of treatment no need to rush or have a setback, we'll pound the Giants without him.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is the extent of Ball's injury? Can he be brought up or is he out for the season?

GORICO

Reaction score

i thought torn plantar fascia took 6 months?......then i heard Pollard maybe slightly torn plantar fascia?.......he is not on 3 week IR......if we can resume a pretty good running game and Dak gets through

the slump or whatever he is in....with our new killer defense....i think we best team in league come playoff time....and that is not Homer talk either......possible we pull it together just in time for playoffs

and go on a Eagle 2017 type playoff run and surprise everyone?