Video: Inside Cowboys Training Camp: Is Earl A Pearl

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Earl used to be a pearl. Now he's just an aging veteran living off past glories and acting like a grumpy old man.

The Ravens cutting him a year after paying him should tell some people that their fawning over him since "come get me" was misplaced, but no, they're fawning over him again. :muttley:

Silly

Reaction score
Earl used to be a pearl. Now he's just an aging veteran living off past glories and acting like a grumpy old man.

The Ravens cutting him a year after paying him should tell some people that their fawning over him since "come get me" was misplaced, but no, they're fawning over him again. :muttley:

I don't know what the coaches think. However, if they are actually considering Earl, it would be an indication that they are not feeling that confident with who they have now.

davidariust24

Reaction score
He is still good and still one of the best safeties in the league. Woods is solid but earl Thomas is not just a player he is a leader for the secondary. Would you rather have Kyle Murray or someone with potential or Tom Brady quarterbacking you? Its not like we can't just roll with who we have, because woods and haha are solid but Thomas is an upgrade. I can roll with Amari but Julio Jones would be an upgrade. There is nothing wrong with getting better players especially if the price is right. In my opinion, we should sign him to a one or no more than two year deal for a nice price not highest paid but something fair. He would make the defense elite.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
The amount of ET threads on here is insane....somebody please sign the guy already

DanA

Reaction score
Earl has gone from a star player that you pay to a guy that can help if you can get him on the cheap.

roughneck266

Reaction score

Unfortunately I have to agree. If not expensive I think he could still be a very good acquisition, but with the caveat that he is not who he once was. The Ravens, have been pretty good with personnel, so dumping him one year in is a huge red flag to me.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
He’s not what he used to be nor is anyone at his age. He’s still far and away better than what we have. Appears his personality may cost him a chance here though.