Inside Lbs

rgcowboys

Reaction score
Well Bradie James is too slow to drop deep middle in the cover 2 defense. Now everybody is saying Carpenter will play outside lb. Maybe move him in and have Burnett play olb. That increases the speed of this defense alot. Also you could go free agents and go after Briggs or Thomas. I also want a player with an attitude of a true dog. Somebody who will get this defense fired up before they step on the field. We dont have that right now. We need an emotional leader on defense. Roy Williams is a hitter not an emotional leader. Get the kind of leader I am talking about and 2007 will be scary for all our foes.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
rgcowboys;1297522 said:
Well Bradie James is too slow to drop deep middle in the cover 2 defense. Now everybody is saying Carpenter will play outside lb. Maybe move him in and have Burnett play olb. That increases the speed of this defense alot. Also you could go free agents and go after Briggs or Thomas. I also want a player with an attitude of a true dog. Somebody who will get this defense fired up before they step on the field. We dont have that right now. We need an emotional leader on defense. Roy Williams is a hitter not an emotional leader. Get the kind of leader I am talking about and 2007 will be scary for all our foes.
Sign Adalius Thomas or draft a guy in the first round to play LOLB. Move Carpenter inside to James's spot.

James is too slow to play the position. Carpenter will be the same size and strength as James (after the offseason workout program) but with much better speed.

I get the feeling, though, that with Bill likely coming back it will stay exactly like it is. Carpenter at LOLB until Greg is back to 100%.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I agree.

I have been lobbying for Carp and Akin inside for quite sometimme now.

James has proven he is a huge liabiity in both the run and pass defense.

He might have had 8 tackles but how many times did he meet a RB at the LOS?

Never.