Inside the daily training sessions of Cowboys' Dak Prescott

Plankton

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ining-sessions-cowboys-dak-prescott-dak-dance

FRISCO, Texas -- Dak Prescott is sitting on a table inside the Dallas Cowboys' weight room. A small green resistance band is attached to his right ankle, and almost mundanely, the quarterback moves his foot side to side.

Three sets, 20 reps each. Then he moves the foot up and down. Three more sets, 20 reps each.

It's four days before the Cowboys play the Carolina Panthers, and Prescott is in the middle of a process that he, the Cowboys' strength and conditioning staff, athletic training staff, coach Mike McCarthy and Prescott's personal physical therapist, Luke Miller, have designed to get the quarterback physically ready to play each week.

The collaboration has Prescott playing the best football of his career as he enters Sunday's pivotal NFC East matchup between the 9-3 Cowboys and 10-2 Philadelphia Eagles at AT&T Stadium (8:20 p.m. ET, NBC). It might not settle a division race, but it could matter if these teams were to meet in the playoffs.

"It truly is a village," Prescott said.

Injuries have marked Prescott's recent career after he started his first 64 games without incident. A dislocated and fractured right ankle in 2020 required two surgeries. A strained lat muscle in his back in training camp in 2021. A calf injury after six games in 2021. A left shoulder surgery after the 2021 season. A right thumb surgery that cost him five games in 2022.

In dealing with the setbacks, Prescott learned the value of his body and the value of his village.

"One thousand percent I'd say they make the pieces stronger," Prescott, 30, said. "No, I wasn't broken, but I was injured ... [When] you're getting older and things are going to tighten up ... I don't want to regress, and I want to make sure I'm hitting my stride.

"You're always looking at greats and what they're doing, and you see guys, like LeBron [James], Tom Brady, have these methods and spend millions of dollars on their body each year, and you wonder why. And it's obvious when they're playing as long as they played at such a high level that that's what they need to do to feel comfortable.

"So for me, it's about making sure just, yeah, I leave no stone unturned."

817Gill

Reaction score
One thing you can’t deny is the dude does all he can to be the best he can be. That’s the way you get respect from real fans.

Winning gets you glory, but busting your butt and being the hardest worker gets you respect.

Bagman

Reaction score
My Dad always said that you can get outplayed and you can get outscored but don't ever get outworked. It's one thing that you can control, your efforts.