Insiders: Tuesday's buzz: Ferguson, Moss stand out

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Harrison doesn't have a size advantage over anyone. He may almost be 6' but he only weighs about 170 lbs.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Rack said:
So you just completely "forget" about his injury his rookie year? How does that get omitted?

Like usual, you saw what you wanted. I could have sworn part of my response was mentioning his ligament tear:

mickgreen58 said:
Santana Moss had a very serious injury his rookie Season he torn cartilage in his knee which was a carry-over from an injury suffered in Tranin Camp and he missed 11 Games.

Rack said:
FACT is, he WAS injured his rookie year, and whether you like it or not it does count towards his WHOLE career.
:rolleyes:

FACT is you made it out to seem the guy was injury prone with the "those same concerns ended up being validated. How many games has he missed due to injury" statement.

The Bengals better lookout, Carson Palmer may be "injury prone" after suffering a knee injury that is quite common in his sport :rolleyes: .

- Mike G.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Like usual, you saw what you wanted. I could have sworn part of my response was mentioning his ligament tear:

I read it. But you tried to pass it off as if it shouldn't count. It happened his rookie year so you made it out as if it should be voided for some reason.

He was injured and that proves MY point. Yet you tried to twist it around to try and support your argument.

You were wrong. I was right. Get over it.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Rack said:
I read it. But you tried to pass it off as if it shouldn't count. It happened his rookie year so you made it out as if it should be voided for some reason.

He was injured and that proves MY point. Yet you tried to twist it around to try and support your argument.

You were wrong. I was right. Get over it.

You tried to pass it off as if he was constantly injured. He torn a ligament in 2001 and missed 11 games, 2002 Season to the present he has only missed 2 games.

You were WRONG I was right, get over it.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
No I dont speak for every CB in the NFL. However if some of you would watch the interviews done with players you probably would have heard these things too.

11/11/05 - Shawn Springs:
"When you’ve got those small, quick guys, it’s already hard enough to put your hands on them, then you can’t put your hands on them down the field either. So for me, a guy like Santana is tougher, because I’m a bigger corner--they drafted me to play receivers like T.O. and Randy Moss and those bigger-type guys. Those little quick guys like Santana, I don’t like seeing them all the time."

This is just one example, but several have said it.

Typically bigger guys are more deliberate in their routes and motion. The smaller guys therefore are usually quicker and somewhat more difficult to cover. IMO.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
You tried to pass it off as if he was constantly injured. He torn a ligament in 2001 and missed 11 games, 2002 Season to the present he has only missed 2 games.

You were WRONG I was right, get over it.

Again, you try to pass off like that first year is meaningless. I said small WRs tend to get hurt more often and what do you know, I AM RIGHT.

If you say so.

I guarantee you CBs like Terence Newman prefer covering the smaller guys. CBs like Anthony Henry prefer covering the bigger guys. It's common sense.

But you go ahead and make up your own BS in your own little world if it makes you feel better.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Rack said:

If you say so.

I guarantee you CBs like Terence Newman prefer covering the smaller guys. CBs like Anthony Henry prefer covering the bigger guys. It's common sense.

But you go ahead and make up your own BS in your own little world if it makes you feel better.

Ask them about Santana Moss.

Without being able to touch a guy beyond 5 yards, the smaller WRs are harder to cover. Why is that so hard for you to grasp ? Unreal.

Talk about BS.

juice28

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
No I dont speak for every CB in the NFL. However if some of you would watch the interviews done with players you probably would have heard these things too.

"When you’ve got those small, quick guys, it’s already hard enough to put your hands on them, then you can’t put your hands on them down the field either. So for me, a guy like Santana is tougher, because I’m a bigger corner--they drafted me to play receivers like T.O. and Randy Moss and those bigger-type guys. Those little quick guys like Santana, I don’t like seeing them all the time."

Typically bigger guys are more deliberate in their routes and motion. The smaller guys therefore are usually quicker and somewhat more difficult to cover. IMO.

Some corners like bigger recievers, some like small receivers. It depends on the person, the scheme, and most importantly the receiver. Majority of DB would like to cover Troy Brown before they have to cover Randy Moss. On the other hand, that same majority would rather cover Plaxico Burress(sp?) before they cover Torry Holt or Santana Moss.

juice28

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Most NFL CBs prefer to cover the "big WR's". Champ, Smoot, McAlister, Law, etc, have all stated this over the years. The bigger guys are easier to cover.

SkinsandTerps said:

You know what's funny? You named four DBs that "stated" this remark, but you quote Shawn Springs. What happened to the other guys?!! Don't stretch too hard, you might pull a finger muscle. :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Ask them about Santana Moss.

Without being able to touch a guy beyond 5 yards, the smaller WRs are harder to cover. Why is that so hard for you to grasp ? Unreal.

Talk about BS.

BS is what's spewing out of your mouth right now. Quit making crap up.

Wouldn't it be equally as difficult to cover a big WR past 5 yards being that you can't touch them? I mean the big WR can now muscle DBs w/o fear of being muscled back.

Two sides to that coin, Chico.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
Damn Rack I see your back in rare form LOL I have to agree with the other posters said for the most part the smaler receivers are harder to cover because they can get out there cuts much faster and usually have better excelleration when doing so. I think it depends on the DB a bigger db will have trouble with a smaller WR and a smaller db will have trouble with a bigger receiver.

I think it has more to do with the route running ability of th WR than the size smaller players usually have better body control than larger players thus they have an advantage in space the same for basketball players.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Rack said:
BS is what's spewing out of your mouth right now. Quit making crap up.

Wouldn't it be equally as difficult to cover a big WR past 5 yards being that you can't touch them? I mean the big WR can now muscle DBs w/o fear of being muscled back.

Two sides to that coin, Chico.

No, because the bigger WRs are not as elusive typically.
You havent noticed a lot more offensive PI calls ?

Take a look at TOs (who to me is one of the best big WRs in the game) numbers against better defenses over his 2005 campaign.

Even Chad Johnson, against Pittsburgh, 3 games 0 TDs.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Rack said:

Rack, quit while you are ahead you are making yourself look extremely ignorant. You insenuate that a player is injury prone when the guy has had only 1 injury in his entire career and has only missed 2 games in the last 4 years. Now you are the mouthpeice for Anthony Henry and Terence Newman.

This team shutdown the likes of Randy Moss who goes about 6-4 and 215, Terrell Owens who goes about 6-3 and 226, Roy Williams who goes about 6-2 and 212, and Charles Rogers who goes about 6-3 and 220.

But little Santana Moss, you know the guy that doesn't have the "ideal" size and weight, the guy that you say "Terence Newman would like to go up against" (because we all know Rack has talked to Henry and Newman) gave us problems on both occassions when we played the Commanders. Heck, similar to the way we played Randy Moss, we gave Steve Smith an extreme amout of attention because they RESPECT is his skills and he goes about 5-9 and 185.

Rack, im glad you are not in our Drafting and Personnel Department, your "Cookie Cutter" mentality would have cost us extremely productive individuals like Dat Nguyen, Dextor Coakley, and Terry Glenn. You would have landed us Keyshawn Johnson though :rolleyes: . Unlike you, who have your own agenda and "cookie cutter" ideals.

Rack said:
but I'd rather have a big WR as my primary target.

Rack said:

No Rack, it sounds like your the one making things up. I deal with qualitative data, facts, and come into the conversation totally unbiased and open-minded no matter the player or the team he plays for.

Sorry but That's.....

joe_friday.gif

BTW, get Newman and Henry's autograph for me when you meet up with them again.

- Mike G.