Instead of...

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
I've thought about many things over the past day. Most of them not nearly as negative as I would have been thinking this time last year. I don't believe we will win the Superbowl this year, nor be the team I wanted them to be. Hopefully, I won't be too negative.

1. Instead of having a QB that isn't mobile and can be counted upon to throw interceptions. I would like a QB that is mobile and can run for yards or at least take a sack if necessary.

2. Instead of trying to be a balanced offense (at this time) lets run and run and try throwing the deep ball, which seems to be the only pass that works. I have never seen a team that seems so predictable. I still long for the days of Roger, Tony, Troy, Emmitt, Drew and Michael. I know they will return, but when is the question. I truly believe that as long as Parcells is the head coach, we will only be able to dominate on defense. Which leads me to another point.

3. Instead of becoming bigger, can we become better as the same time? I believe we need another corner in place of Aaron Gleen. I just don't see the point in having him around. I also wonder if Anthony Henry would be better served as a Free Safety or perhaps even a coverage Strong Safety. "I just options" quoting Parcells.

4. Instead of having no real offense coordinator, why not get one? What is really wrong with having a good mind getting the talent on the same page. I remember what I liked about Norv Turner. It wasn't that he was the best offensive mind, time has proven that out. It was that he knew how to coordinate talent and use it in the best and most efficient manner. I don't believe you see that with the Cowboys. You have Glenn, Owens, J. Jones, Bleed(your team)Slow (ly),.

5. Instead of trying to find steals in Free agency, let's try to find more steals in the draft and really grooming them. I believe that is what made the Steelers so good for years and finally great this year if Superbowl wins make you great.

6. Instead of playing the last part of game to win, let's play that all game long. I remember watching the Bills and even Detroit do that for a season and thinking if you had a good, if not great defense, could you play the first part of the game trying to get a huge lead and then milking the running game? If you have Witten, Glenn, Owens and two running backs that seem to be able to catch long passes, why not do that in the start of the game? Could you throw interceptions? Yep, but at least you might still have time to win the game? Doesn't it kill you to watch your QB throw two interceptions late in the game, when the defense KNOWS you need to throw? Wouldn't it be better to have a defense that would have to play more honestly in the beginning of the game? Okay, I've beaten the horse to death and it doesn't seem to be moving.

7. Instead of paying a kicker millions of dollars, wouldn't it be nice to have Hoffman around to coach an important part of the game? I really believe that Parcells kissed the baby on this one and can't admit he lost. Sometimes you have to just let pride have it's own pity party alone in the past. I sometimes wonder if Cundiff had Hoffman around correct some issues, what would have happened? I even like Suisham, but that J**ka*s of a special "ed" team coach Bruce DeHaven just hasn't impressed me, not in San Francisco, Buffalo in three superbowl loses...wide right.. Okay, I'll stop, but sometimes you have go against the grain and the easy and go for the path untaken.

Lastly, I am just sick of the same. I don't like knowing that the postseason most likely won't involve a Superbowl win. I believe that you have past Superbowl Coach, 16 years ago though, an Owner that hasn't won in the salary cap era, and a QB that has never won the big one. In fact, do we have anyone that's one a SB on the roster that is starting? I know Al Singleton has one, but did he even play yesterday?

I guess you could say that instead of losing, I wouldn't mind a win.

Rustinpeace21

Reaction score
you just based years of personel decisions on one game....absurd...henry a saftey? why cause he got beat a few plays, in the season opener. wow what a dumb post man. No steals in the draft? Who got a sack yesterday? a 7th round guy. Man i hate that post. I dont post here often, but i do read alot, and that was just annoying im sorry

jrumann59

Reaction score
Cowboy06 said:
I've thought about many things over the past day. Most of them not nearly as negative as I would have been thinking this time last year. I don't believe we will win the Superbowl this year, nor be the team I wanted them to be. Hopefully, I won't be too negative.

1. Instead of having a QB that isn't mobile and can be counted upon to throw interceptions. I would like a QB that is mobile and can run for yards or at least take a sack if necessary.

Every QB we have had start in the last ten years has had at least one game like this if not more remember: QC, Vinny, Hutch, Henson, Leaf, Stoerner, Wright

Cowboy06 said:
2. Instead of trying to be a balanced offense (at this time) lets run and run and try throwing the deep ball, which seems to be the only pass that works. I have never seen a team that seems so predictable. I still long for the days of Roger, Tony, Troy, Emmitt, Drew and Michael. I know they will return, but when is the question. I truly believe that as long as Parcells is the head coach, we will only be able to dominate on defense. Which leads me to another point.

Wrong under Norv we were way predictable no one could stop us I will paraphrase a quote from Marty Schottenheimer, "We always knew what they were gonna run but no matter what we couldn't stop them."

Cowboy06 said:
3. Instead of becoming bigger, can we become better as the same time? I believe we need another corner in place of Aaron Gleen. I just don't see the point in having him around. I also wonder if Anthony Henry would be better served as a Free Safety or perhaps even a coverage Strong Safety. "I just options" quoting Parcells.

I guess people can't have mediocre to bad games. Henry will be fine, Glenn has saved the D's butt on a few occasions no CB in the league can say, "I was never beat"

Cowboy06 said:
4. Instead of having no real offense coordinator, why not get one? What is really wrong with having a good mind getting the talent on the same page. I remember what I liked about Norv Turner. It wasn't that he was the best offensive mind, time has proven that out. It was that he knew how to coordinate talent and use it in the best and most efficient manner. I don't believe you see that with the Cowboys. You have Glenn, Owens, J. Jones, Bleed(your team)Slow (ly),.

Do mean real or good because the OC is Chris Palmer

Cowboy06 said:
5. Instead of trying to find steals in Free agency, let's try to find more steals in the draft and really grooming them. I believe that is what made the Steelers so good for years and finally great this year if Superbowl wins make you great.

Where did T-New, R. Williams, JJ, MB3, Witten, Ware, Spears, Watkins, James, Fasano, Gurode, Johnson, Carpenter come from.

Cowboy06 said:
6. Instead of playing the last part of game to win, let's play that all game long. I remember watching the Bills and even Detroit do that for a season and thinking if you had a good, if not great defense, could you play the first part of the game trying to get a huge lead and then milking the running game? If you have Witten, Glenn, Owens and two running backs that seem to be able to catch long passes, why not do that in the start of the game? Could you throw interceptions? Yep, but at least you might still have time to win the game? Doesn't it kill you to watch your QB throw two interceptions late in the game, when the defense KNOWS you need to throw? Wouldn't it be better to have a defense that would have to play more honestly in the beginning of the game? Okay, I've beaten the horse to death and it doesn't seem to be moving.

Amen

Cowboy06 said:
7. Instead of paying a kicker millions of dollars, wouldn't it be nice to have Hoffman around to coach an important part of the game? I really believe that Parcells kissed the baby on this one and can't admit he lost. Sometimes you have to just let pride have it's own pity party alone in the past. I sometimes wonder if Cundiff had Hoffman around correct some issues, what would have happened? I even like Suisham, but that J**ka*s of a special "ed" team coach Bruce DeHaven just hasn't impressed me, not in San Francisco, Buffalo in three superbowl loses...wide right.. Okay, I'll stop, but sometimes you have go against the grain and the easy and go for the path untaken.

Personally I think it is more the personality of the kickers and their need as oppose to the coach. Our kickers did the worst when they became a regular part of our offense.

Cowboy06

Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
Every QB we have had start in the last ten years has had at least one game like this if not more remember: QC, Vinny, Hutch, Henson, Leaf, Stoerner, Wright

Wrong under Norv we were way predictable no one could stop us I will paraphrase a quote from Marty Schottenheimer, "We always knew what they were gonna run but no matter what we couldn't stop them."

I guess people can't have mediocre to bad games. Henry will be fine, Glenn has saved the D's butt on a few occasions no CB in the league can say, "I was never beat"

Do mean real or good because the OC is Chris Palmer

Where did T-New, R. Williams, JJ, MB3, Witten, Ware, Spears, Watkins, James, Fasano, Gurode, Johnson, Carpenter come from.

Amen

Personally I think it is more the personality of the kickers and their need as oppose to the coach. Our kickers did the worst when they became a regular part of our offense.
Gurode seems to make too many mental mistakes.

Johnson isn't starting

Fasano is a rookie, so the jury is still out

JJ is hurt often, but I really like him

MB3 is very good and I have no fault with him

The players on defense I really like. I just wonder why we don't place more attention to the offense.

Cowboy06

Reaction score
Rustinpeace21 said:
you just based years of personel decisions on one game....absurd...henry a saftey? why cause he got beat a few plays, in the season opener. wow what a dumb post man. No steals in the draft? Who got a sack yesterday? a 7th round guy. Man i hate that post. I dont post here often, but i do read alot, and that was just annoying im sorry

I am glad you are annoyed means you may have been thinking. I based my opinion on the fact that Henry started out as a FS, not a CB. We don't get any "steals" on offense, unless you count MB3, but come on, that's a 4th round guy that plays part time, eventhough I admit he's very good.

Now because ONE 7th rounder got a sack, so what? Let's see him do it game in and game out. And yes I really like Ratliff as well.

I am only sorry I haven't posted here in the past as I have other boards, so that you would know how I feel about personnel decisions.