Interest in Garrett Suggests Turner is Out

deadrody

Reaction score
If the reports are accurate, and frankly, I think it's nothing more than speculation, the level of interest in Garrett pretty much means Norv Turner is a longshot. If Norv Turner were the pick, he is definitely going to be doing the play calling. I just don't see Jones falling all over Garrett for an entire day of interviews then making him the Offensive Coordinator that is nothing more than a glorified assistant to a coach that will make all the play calls.

It will be interesting to see where this all ends up. I don't really remember much of the news that swirled about before Parcells was hired, but history tends to repeat itself.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. Norv as head coach and Jason as OC might be a pretty good combination. Maybe they like one of the current defensive coaches for DC.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dmq;1336909 said:
I wouldn't say that. Norv as head coach and Jason as OC might be a pretty good combination. Maybe they like one of the current defensive coaches for DC.

I agree...I wouldnt rule out Turner yet

Phillips would seem to makse sense, because he can fix the defense...but it could be any number of other people, including Turner

David

deadrody

Reaction score
dmq;1336909 said:
I don't disagree that they would be a good combo. I just don't see it from Jones perspective. If he thinks that highly of Garrett, I think he will leave the offense to him and look for a HC that can focus on defense. And that isn't Norv Turner.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
If a Coordinator such as Norv or Phillips are under contract, how would it work for them to make what would amount to a lateral move(assuming they are open to that)? Would Jerry have to offer the title of say Def or Offensive Coordinator/asst head coach in order to make that sort of move?