Interesting point on who may control TO...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I was listening to ESPN 103 and a caller made the point that if TO has a flare-up, the very person to keep him in check may be Michael Irvin...

• Irvin is a very close friend to TO.
  • TO greatly respects Irvin.
  • Irvin carries clout with Jerry and the team.
  • Irvin has a lot riding on TO behaving.

I never thought of it like that, and Irvin has been very quiet thus far. I am sure he will have TO's ear during this time and will advise him on how to conduct himself here.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I was listening to ESPN 103 and a caller made the point that if TO has a flare-up, the very person to keep him in check may be Michael Irvin...

I never thought of it like that, and Irvin has been very quiet thus far. I am sure he will have TO's ear during this time and will advise him on how to conduct himself here.

I am sure that Irvin will be on TV/radio at some point soon.

Being TO's #1 cheerleader and a future HOF WR, of course TO will listen to some suggestions.

I hope for you guys sake that TO realizes the bus stops here, and that if he hasnt matured than its over.

Irvin is a friend, he seems to support him regardless, its almost like TO is his son. Unconditional love and all.

TheHustler

Reaction score
trickblue said:

Hopefully TO will keep in line because of their relationship. Irvin defended TO, and looked pretty stupid doing it, while everyone else bashed him. Hope TO plays nice for Irvin.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
The one possible upside to this going wrong would be seeing how fast Irvin _____slapped Owen's friendship across the room. And then going hyper-ballistic every week on national tv. Now that would be some good comedy.

But I think you're right, Irvin will play a big part. Owen's respects him apparantly. He may behave just to hold onto that friendship...one of his very last real ones remaining, possibly.

rickwil61

Reaction score
I think the team needs to keep him in line. If Owens starts going off on a tangent then I think it would be completely appropriate for Mr. Williams and a couple of other players with "attitude" to enforce a little military justice.