Interesting question for Commander fans

jzcowboy

Reaction score
Obviously a hypothetical/fantasy question, but an interesting question.

If you could control all things Commander , knowing that beating the Eagles puts the Cowboys in the playoffs or letting the Eagles win puts them in the playoffs, which one do you choose?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
If they are football fans at all, which is debatable, they would want to win their game, no matter what that would do to the playoff picture.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Redsk*ns still have a faint glimmer of playoff hope, so I think they'll be rooting to win no matter what until it's absolutely over.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If you are looking for an answer, consider nearly the same scenario.

If the Cowboys were out of the playoff race, would you be happy if the Cowboys beat the Eagles and in doing so, put the Commanders in the playoffs?

Basically, it comes down to who do you hate more?

I personally hate the Commanders more than the Eagles.

Daudr

Reaction score
ninja;2501791 said:

If the Cowboys were out of the playoff race, would you be happy if the Cowboys beat the Eagles and in doing so, put the Commanders in the playoffs?

Wrong answer. I ALWAYS root for the Cowboys to win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ninja;2501791 said:

Yes I would be happy if the Cowboys beat the Eagles even if that ended up letting the skins in. I'll take a Cowboy win any day even if we were out of the playoff picture.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jzcowboy;2501679 said:
Obviously a hypothetical/fantasy question, but an interesting question.

If you could control all things Commander , knowing that beating the Eagles puts the Cowboys in the playoffs or letting the Eagles win puts them in the playoffs, which one do you choose?
The only answer should be based on the singular philosophy that you play the game to win. Of course, I'm Cowboys fan, so what would I know?

jzcowboy

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;2501803 said:
Them beating the Eagles doesn't put us in the playoffs.
Them playing each other this Sunday was a coincedence to my question. As I said, this is a hypothetical question.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I doubt you will get many, if any, responses from Commanders fans right now. They only come here/post here to gloat when something goes right for their team.

Now that they realize that their team stinks, you will hardly notice that they even exist. Kinda like when you turn on the light and the roaches disappear!

:cool:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Can we vote that a chasm opens up and swallows both teams whole?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Daudr;2501797 said:
Wrong answer. I ALWAYS root for the Cowboys to win.

Doomsday101;2501800 said:
Yes I would be happy if the Cowboys beat the Eagles even if that ended up letting the skins in. I'll take a Cowboy win any day even if we were out of the playoff picture.

:hammer:

HYPOTHETICAL

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2501760 said:
If they are football fans at all, which is debatable, they would want to win their game, no matter what that would do to the playoff picture.

If my season is over anyhow, I would throughly enjoy ruining the Commanders season. It would make the season not such a complete loss.

:suxskins:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah, you won't see many Commanders fans on here right now.

However, if I were in their shoes... knowing how much they hate Dallas, I probably would hope for a Philly win to help keep Dallas out.

That would get them two things:

1. It would hurt Dallas

and

2. It would help their draft position next season.

They have no hope for this year, so they might as well try to bolster their draft position.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Zorn needs to do something. I don't think they will lay down for Philly. But I would count it as a big upset should the Skins win. At ES they hate us far more than Philly. I think since they need to win to have a chance then they will play hard. It likely won't be enough. I expect to go to Philly with the playoffs on the line.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'd want to lose out.

Get a higher draft pick, hurt an enemy and have more likelihood of getting Cowher in there.

Zorn may in fact be a good HC but it is tough that first time around.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I asked a friend who's a Commanders fan about this. He hates the Eagles almost as much as he hates the Cowboys, so there's no conflict in his mind who he wants to win.

I think a lot of people around here, especially younger people, hate the Eagles as much as we do. A Commanders win would practically eliminate them.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
ninja;2501791 said:

I hate losing more than either of those teams. I would want to win, and would not care what the playoff consequences were.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

No but it gives us breathing room against them esp if we win against Balt. If they lose and we win this week then they cannot catch us.