Interesting Tidbit....

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, chatting with Bob Costas on the set of Costas Now, said the Cowboys had Mario Williams at No. 1 on their draft board.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, chatting with Bob Costas on the set of Costas Now, said the Cowboys had Mario Williams at No. 1 on their draft board.

No shocker....I'm sure he was #1 on most draft boards.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Really lol, I mean he would have been a monster on our DL, and a great pick, if we were 2-14 last year, then the texans would have picked Reggie, and there would be no problem :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Really lol, I mean he would have been a monster on our DL, and a great pick, if we were 2-14 last year, then the texans would have picked Reggie, and there would be no problem :D

Or would we have taken Reggie???????? :D

tunahelper

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:

I bet Houston wishes for a draft muligan with Davis out now for the year!

:lmao:

baj1dallas

Reaction score
tunahelper said:
I bet Houston wishes for a draft muligan with Davis out now for the year!

:lmao:

I doubt it, they probably realize Bush is 90% hype.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
I doubt it, they probably realize Bush is 90% hype.

Why not wait til the end of the season to make a statement like that since I believe you will be re-thinking it by then.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Bush just doesn't seem like much of a Parcells type guy. He prefers consistency over big play ability.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The Texans are the dumbest franchise alive for passing on reggie...Mario Williams? What a joke.

Drlabon

Reaction score
As you may or may not remember, I posted before the draft a story from a source I had with the texans saying they would draft reggie bush. When I checked back with the source to ask what had happened he told me that while they were intent on drafting bush the stories about his family getting kickbacks and Bush's demands for a huge payday in early negotiations were enough to sway things in the final days (not really news but more of a confirmation). Anyway, I asked him about Mario Williams progress, he stated that despite the early critisism the team is still happy with him and he claims that Mario was being doubled-teamed several times in the preseason which shows that he is having an impact. He also stated that Mario is a pretty personable guy who has taken well to coaching and they expect he will progress with time.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i think mario williams will be nothing special. i think it will be clear he wasn't a 1 draft pick

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bigbadroy said:
i think mario williams will be nothing special. i think it will be clear he wasn't a 1 draft pick
Watching so many clips of Manny, I watched a lot of Mario Williams. He's definitely not #1 overall material. The knock on Manny was that Mario was always getting double teamed. That simply wasn't true.

gbrittain

Reaction score
I will hold judgement on the Bush versus Williams debate until they have had a chance to at least step on the field a few times.

Now, I definitely have my opinion that Houston should have taken Reggie or orchestrated a trade, but wether my opinion is right or not will not be determined for a few more years.

I believe that Reggie is less of a gamble than Williams is, but we will see.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Drlabon said:
As you may or may not remember, I posted before the draft a story from a source I had with the texans saying they would draft reggie bush. When I checked back with the source to ask what had happened he told me that while they were intent on drafting bush the stories about his family getting kickbacks and Bush's demands for a huge payday in early negotiations were enough to sway things in the final days (not really news but more of a confirmation). Anyway, I asked him about Mario Williams progress, he stated that despite the early critisism the team is still happy with him and he claims that Mario was being doubled-teamed several times in the preseason which shows that he is having an impact. He also stated that Mario is a pretty personable guy who has taken well to coaching and they expect he will progress with time.

I live in NC now, so I am forced to watch the Carolinas brand of college football. Mario Williams will be a good DE, but he IS NOT Julius Peppers IMO!
He is fast on the watch, but he cannot shed blocks as well as he should.
NC state had a very good defense that lended to gaudy stats for many on that team. They pressured for so many angles sacks were usually cleaned up by Williams. He was completely absent in a lot of games, then he gets 3 sacks because of extreme team pressure and he is the next Reggie White.
Mark it down, he is not worth 1st pick status...

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
If I'm the owner, I want to sell tickets. Bush puts butts in the seats. Just dumb.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze said:
If I'm the owner, I want to sell tickets. Bush puts butts in the seats. Just dumb.
true but if im the owner i wanna win more......in that case i still take reggie

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
bigbadroy said:
true but if im the owner i wanna win more......in that case i still take reggie

Depends on the owner. This is a business. With Jerry, yeah he wants to win, but with other owners, money is high in the pecking order.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:

So did the Texans. Jerry knew Williams would never drop to them, who's he trying to kid.